Friday, November 18, 2011

Our Thankful Tree

We had a family home evening lesson on being Thankful and how we should always be thankful to Heavenly Father for all He has given us. We then made out our "Thankful Tree". The kids really got into it and I loved it. I was surprised by some of the things the kids came up with. Deeper than I thought would be in the forefront of their minds. I LOVE IT! We will add to it a little here and there. The other night, Erik mentioned that our Thankful tree was loosing it's leaves to the weather too. The leaves keep falling off when people walk by.
I think this will be a tradition that we will keep up with. I love seeing a visual reminder to express my gratitude for my Savior and my Heavenly Father. We have been blessed far beyond what we deserve, all because He loves us and wants us to be happy.


"Faith"

"coasins" = cousins




Some others include:
family, school, deep gut laughs, siblings, Nephi, church shoes, gym, car, fun fingernail polish, temple, our country, my little pony, extended family, Daddy's job, heat/ac, Thanksgiving, Jesus Christ, books, tv, flip flops, trees, food, our family being sealed together, trees, pretty skies, music, water, a great visiting teacher, kids playing together sweetly, dishwasher...to name a few. I love seeing it fill up and I can only imagine our Heavenly Father feeling the same way when we show our gratitude for what He does for us.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

what a wonderful idea!

Bond Bedlam said...

Great idea and it reminds you everyday - love it