Friday, July 22, 2011

Vacation Pt. 1

One of the places we went was Baby Land General in Cleveland, Georgia. I remember going there as a kid and watching the cabbages producing the Cabbage Patch Kids. I will admit, I was a bit giddy with excitement for my three girls to see this. It was so much fun.




(Outside, we were finishing our snack before going into the "Baby Hospital")




(This was one of the many nurses that took care of all the newborns. She was so sweet and just gushed over my kids. That's always nice to see!)






(This is what Gabe did the entire time. Poor thing! He finally asked if he could sit on a bench and play Erik's iPod)


(They found a hair styling station where they could give dolls a new "do")


(This is one of the births. The fairies that float around the trees pollenate the cabbages and also put the cabbage into "labor". Then out comes a Cabbage Patch Baby and the crowd gets to name him/her. They then move to the nursery and are able to be adopted.)



They had a huge place to buy any kind of Cabbage Patch kid you could think of. It was fun to look at all the fun things. The girls really liked it and it was a fun, and free activity. We all....well, most of us enjoyed it. ;)

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I didn't know cabbage patch kids were still out. so cool!

Samantha said...

I remember this as a child. I can't believe that they are still open! What fun, if you aren't a little boy. Poor Gabe. That picture of him is great though.

Dana said...

I sooo remember this. It was a fond memory of mine. I am not suprised at all that Gabe couldn't stand it. I am so glad the girls loved it. Did any of them want a cabbage patch doll after that?