Saturday, January 22, 2011

Our Past

I have been doing a lot of digital scrapbooking for the last few months. I will get a whim and then go to town and crank out several pages. Then loose my oomph and not do it for a week or two. My point being, I love looking at the past. Erik really has never gotten the obsession I have with taking pictures, doing scrapbooks, or changing out pictures on the wall.

When I see our past on my computer screen or in a frame, I get gitty. I love seeing my babies and only remembering the wonderful moments. I love seeing a situation that made me upset then, but can make me laugh now. I love seeing pudgy faces when now I see mature ones. I love seeing how unkept hair is not the end of the world. I love seeing a messy chocolate face smiling back at me. I love seeing that little baby floating on a float and remember how she would lay there for hours if we let her. Then remembering how her sister would scream the moment her toe touched the water. I love seeing happy snapshots of my life when things were simple.

I know when I look back at the photos of today, the times will still have been simpler, and peaceful, and joyous, and wonderful, and laughable, and .... PERFECT!

My life is far from perfect, but in these glimpses of the past, it is. And I love and need that.


2008- Gabe is three here. The girls are wearing those pjs now.


Isabel loved holding her sisters as soon as she walked in from school. Her and Anna.


2005- This looks like Anna, but it's Isabel!


2005


2005


2005


My little man! 2005


2007


2007


2007


Wish this one was more in focus, but they just lined up perfectly (without being coached)...what good children. Kate, Anna, and Gabe


2008 Kate, Gabe, Isabel, Anna


2008- Anna and Erik in Cape San Blas, FL


Kate loved the water!!!!


2005- Isabel painted Gabe with mascara. Yeah... try getting water proof mascara off a child, furniture, carpet...I wasn't too happy then, but now it's a hoot.

6 comments:

Meghan said...

What fun memories! Makes me want it to be warmer weather so badly!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Such cute kiddos :o) I love looking back at my kids and how they have grown. I personally don't like to look back and see how I have GROWN, hehehe, but that is life!!

Dana said...

What fun pictures to look back on . they really have grown up. I remember you calling me just really angry about them getting into your mascara. Looking at it now is just too funny!!!

Meri said...

Is is most women or is that just a bond you and I share? I do think it is just most men that don't enjoy the thousands of photos on the hard drive - they can get over it. lol I love old photos and am so ready to get into digital scrapbooking. Have you tried posting some of your pages on your blog? That is what I will be trying to do when I learn how and actually am consistent with my blogging. I can not believe how much they have grown - even in the 2007 photos. That seems like yesterday to me but when I look at the kiddos now and then it seems like so much longer.

Heather said...

Love, love, love the picture of Kate in the water and I've always loved those series of photos you took of Isabel in Florida. The lighting is magical! I wish I had your skill for photography. You are great at it! xoxo

Bond Bedlam said...

Great pictures - Hey you will always be glad that you took those pictures! - I look at when you kids were little and have delightful memories. I miss those days - the best days of my life.