Wednesday, November 17, 2010

New Specks

I am a little behind in posting this. I realize that this is a major thing in a child's life, but for some weird reason it hasn't been a big deal to her or to us.
I guess it has something to do with everyone (almost) in the Bond Family are blind and Erik had surgery to correct his blindness. We are just all blind as bats. So there is no doubt that our children will also have four eyes to see the leaves on the trees.

Isabel isn't so bad yet. In fact, I have to remind her to wear her glasses on most days. The doctor said over time it will get worse (like mine I am sure). When a child grows their eyes get longer with that growth. So it effects the vision. I think she is so cute with them.




We were playing Canasta here. She whooped up on me. She ended up calling Mutta and telling her how bad she beat me. :)

6 comments:

Meghan said...

She IS so cute with them on!

The Peters Family said...

She looks great in them!
I like how you said about seeing the leaves on the trees.
I remember when I first got glasses, I was shocked to see individual blades of grass.

Leighanna said...

Way to go Isabel! Now, you have to get down to GA and beat Mutta. She's the best rival in Canasta! :) You look very pretty in your glasses. You now join the rest of us blind old folk! :)

Jennifer M. said...

I've always thought that Isabel is just beautiful-just like her Mama! She looks even cuter in her glasses! I love them! I remember thinking the same thing about Chase and his glasses. :)

Jennifer M. said...

I've always thought that Isabel is just beautiful-just like her Mama! She looks even cuter in her glasses! I love them! I remember thinking the same thing about Chase and his glasses. :)

Dana said...

She is beautiful with glasses. It is just the curse or trial or whatever you want to call it that our kids have to deal with. If that is the worst thing we are doing good!!! Beautiful Isabel!!!