Thursday, November 18, 2010

I am a Grateful Woman!

(This post is more for me than anyone else. So read if you dare.)
I think I have always seen a lot of things that I should be grateful for. Like my mother-in-law said many times, "The older I get, the longer my prayers are." I do find it a challenge to be able to thank Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING, I am definitly not worth all the blessings he so freely gives me. There are certian things that NEVER come off of the thankful list when I am praying!

Being a Mom and being able to stay at home with them
I am grateful I am a mother. I never wanted to be anything "when I grow up" other than a mother. It is the most challenging thing I will ever do, but the most important too. I am grateful that I have THESE children. As much as I am frusterated or irratated at certian behaviors, these are good kids. They are smart and generally kind. I love these kids!


Isabel is a spunky girl. She has so many good qualities about her. She is helpful, funny, a little crazy at times, loving, and smart. She loves books and is the top in her class with AR points.


Kate is quiet, most of the time. She is a cuddle bug. She loves being the baby. She has her siblings wrapped around her finger. She is organized and loves to make me happy. When she does something good and I praise her, she will ask, "It makes Mama happy?" When I say yes, she beams from ear to ear.


Anna is fiesty and wild. She is independant. If she wants something, she finds a way to get it. We have found chairs pushed to the counter, with a step stool on the kitchen counter so she can reach treats from on top of the fridge. She is constantly smiling. She is stubborn (which can be a good thing).


Gabe is quiet but with streaks of wild. He is always thinking. It's not unusal to hear him say, "MAMA! What if...." and goes into a long explaination of some wild event that would be "COOL". He can be a perfectionist. He builds new things all the time with Legos and comes and shows me how it works. He has built really neat things that has moving parts. How he comes up with them is beyond me. He loves being with me in the kitchen and wants to help me. I love it when he sits with me and leans on me. I can tell he just wants to be close to me.




We have been married for ten years now. Of course there are ups and downs in every marriage, but I am thankful we always know its worth it to keep trying to be better for each other. I am grateful for our temple marriage. And grateful that we want to be together. I am grateful for the father and man he is. He is good man!




I am grateful for Grandparents. I grew up with some great ones that I treasured, loved and adored. My kids have that too. I am so thankful for that.





For our healthy bodies. You truely are grateful for this after dealing with sickness or near death experiences. I am grateful that my sister was able to be healed and able to continue to raise her family. I still thank Heavenly Father for sparing her life every single day!










I am thankful for good women in my life to show me how I should be. Of course there are more women than just these beautiful women in these picutres that I love and admire. There are many women that I want to be like for different reasons. Hopefully I can live up to my sisters, sis-in-laws, mother-in-law, grandmothers, certian spiritual giants in my church that I have loved over the years, ETC ETC!!!!


My home. Erik works hard for what we have. I am thankful for a warm place for my family be. When we were looking for a home, we prayed for a place for our family to make many good memories in. And we have.



I am grateful for my religion. I know that Heavenly Father and my Savior lives. I know we have a Prophet of God on the earth today. Life is easier since I KNOW why I am here. Life is a bit sweeter (most days) because of what I know, who I love and, who I trust. I am grateful for my Father in Heaven for being patient beyond what He should. (if you want to know more about what I believe, look here)

3 comments:

Leighanna said...

Thank you Allison. I love this time of year when everyone is so wonderful and filled with gratitude. Most of all, thanks for including me in your list. It was just what I needed today. I love you!

Jennifer M. said...

What a beautiful post! Thanks for sharing such sweet feelings. There are so many things to be grateful for. I am thankful for YOU! :)

Dana said...

This was a very hard post for me to get through. The pictures are beautiful and your words are so eloquent. I agree with Leighanna. I love this time of year because we are forced to slow down a bit and really think about all the things we have been blessed with. Love you!!!