Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

We met Mama and Daddy down at Dana's house in Mississippi for Thanksgiving. I needed time away from our home. I needed to see my peeps. I needed to be Allison again and not "ALLISON"- if that makes any sense at all. Really, I just needed to be kid like again and not an adult 24/7. I still had the job of an adult and Mom, but I was able to breathe and relax enough to just be.

We cooked, ate, slept, played games, messed with each other, played with the new dog Twiggy (which was stuck to Mom like glue...they adored each other),



shopping, staying up late, photo shoots, and just being together. I love time with family.

The boys watching football.


The last time we were at Dana's for Thanksgiving (2 years ago), she was so very sick. She cooked a huge meal for us, but sat down and ate three bites of soup. She faked being ok. We saw her back bone poking out of her clothes and it hurt her to just sit down she was so boney. We were able to watch her eat real food this year and be healthier than she has in a long time. Boy, Heavenly Father was good to us for sparing her life. I am thankful for my sister.





I am thankful for all these kids. They are great friends and that brings so much joy to me.


I am thankful for these two. They are wonderful people and I adore them. The older I get, the more I appreciate the sacrifices they made for us kids. They really are wonderful parents.

Thankfully, we were able to stop in and see Erik's brother, Lars and his family. They are so much fun and we just adore them all so much. And on top of seeing them, Julia Karen even gave me a kiss. It melted my heart! A few years ago, Toby would look at me and start climbing on his dad crying trying to get away from me, so this was WONDERFUL that she gave me the time of day AND a KISS!!!! SCORE!
(I stole this pic that Candi's sister-in-law Tammy took. If you are in the Boise area, look her up. She is a great photographer!!! Go to her site here)

It was a great long weekend. Thank you to all who made it great. I can't wait till Christmas so I can see More Longneckers and More Bonds. Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

I'm so happy for you that you were able to get away!!! You need that. Good for YOU! :) :)

Dana said...

I love all the pictures!!!! I felt very very grateful this year that I had a wonderful Thanksgiving meal and I wasn't hurting just cause I was eating. I had so much fun shopping and playing games and just hanging out talking. It was wayyyy to short!!! Can't wait to see ya'll at Christmas time!!!