
Hopefully this link will come through fine (at the end of the post). My brother, Reid, served his mission in Rome. While he was out there, I was doing my best to support him with lengthy letters from home. We had grown very close since he graduated high school and I was so sad to see my buddy leave. But so very thrilled that he was serving the Lord. He would write home about all his people, adventures, things he saw and I felt like I was seeing a glimpse of a new world that I probably would never see. He wrote about a young girl who joined the church. When my parents went to pick him up, they all traveled with this girl and her mother (?) to the Swiss Temple. She was going through the temple for the first time. Oh the joy that I felt for her, and my brother to see his work and the Lord's work pay off in such a way to change this girl's life. I fell in love with Italy through my brother's words and pictures. I put together my brother's mission scrapbook and wished I could see first hand what he saw. Who knows....maybe one day. But I am thrilled for those Italians to have their OWN temple. Reid and Leighanna, I think you need to plan a second honeymoon :) Love you both dearly!!!!


President Monson Breaks Ground for Rome Italy Temple
4 comments:
The really cool part of this is that Reid actually lived on the property where the temple is being built. He fondly remembers camping out in a grove of olive trees and roasting chestnuts over a fire! It will be awesome for him to return!
I remember those pictures of that grove. That is soooo neat. I didn't realize it was there. Dang, that makes it even cooler!!!!
How wonderful! It looks beautiful and I love how you feel so connected to this wonderful occasion. Thanks for sharing! :)
What a sweet glimpse of things Allison. I love the picture of MOnson. Isn't he just so sweet!!!! What a wonderful thing for these people to have a temple so much closer for them.
Post a Comment