Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth



When you hear, "the Happiest Place on Earth", what do you think? Disney World? I didn't think about the comparison until starting this post. We went to the temple on Friday, before we left out of town for Disney World. Erik and I took turns waiting with the girls outside while the other on was in the temple. I must say, THIS place is the happiest in the world for me. It is so peaceful, so heavenly, so reverent, so unearthly. I am able to be calm here, not think of any other care in the world. I can feel what Heavenly Father wants me to be here and know that I am loved by Him even when I fall a little short. I can just... be. It truely is Heaven on Earth. I am so thankful that I know what I know. I am thankful to have this blessing on the earth. I am thankful that my girls wanted to go in so badly. I hope they always have that desire. I hope to one day see those girls and the rest of their siblings inside there. I hope us all to be in there as a family and serve the best way we can as a family. I hope and pray that we can always make the right choices that will allow us to follow the path our Savior and Father want us to take.





4 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Oh, Allison. Your girls are adorable! I love the picture of them trying to look inside. :) This post makes me want to cry. I LOVE the temple and especially THIS temple...because I know and love so many of the people who work there. I miss them. Such happy memories for me here. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures.

Carla said...

haha! LOVE that goofy grin and the bare butt baby doll!!

Dana said...

I love the picture of the girls trying to get into the temple. TOO Sweet!!!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Your girls are so funny and cute!!! I am with Dana and Jen I love the one where they are peeking in the doors.