This is what happend with Isabel a little while ago. When she said this, I realized between ball season, church responsibilites, and Erik traveling, we haven't done dates in a while. So we niched out a Wednesday night where she and I would go out.
We had such a good time. We tried out a cupcake shop, "Gigi's" that I have been eyeballing for a while. She got to pick out whatever she wanted. No suprise it took her forever to make up her mind. I was glad the lady behind the counter was patient, but I was not about to rush my child on our date. We talked about each one we saw and who would enjoy each one. She finally decided on an ALL CHOCOLATE one, do you know why? Because Mutta (my mom) would pick that one.

We did some errands after we picked out TONS of books to bring home. It was a great afternoon with my favorite 8 year old in the world. I love this girl. I am so glad she reminded me she needed time alone.
3 comments:
OH what a sweet time to be with her. Its nice when they can remind you cause that means you drop everything. CAuse you know if they are asking is over due. I love the shot of you and her together and the one with her fixin to eat her cupcake. What a nice to together!!!
Glad you were able to make time for her. She is SO cute and SO sweet! I'm looking at those cupcakes and my mouth is watering... :) Will definitely have to try Gigi's sometime.
"Dear Isabel, I heard it took you a long time to pick a cupcake. My mom said I'm like that, too. I miss you. Sincerely, Connor"
Oh yes Isabel you did pick the right cupcake the chocolate one!!
I am so glad you both got to enjoy eachother
Post a Comment