Friday, September 17, 2010

Pa and a Fairy



Pa came to visit us a little bit ago. He came to go to the kids' school for Grandparents Day. He ate lunch with Gabe, then ate lunch with Isabel too. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of them. The kids loved showing off their Pa to everyone and Pa enjoyed getting to see the kids' classrooms, teachers, and their desks. I am so grateful that Jan felt it was important to do that with my children. I know they will have memories of that for a long time. Pa also was able to see Gabe play a game. We always love it when Pa comes to visit. Thank you for making time for us Pa. We love you and hope you come back soon ;)

While Pa was here, Gabe lost his first tooth. He came back in the living room from brushing his teeth saying his loose tooth was hurting. Erik wanted to see and Gabe pitched a fit thinking he was going to pull it and hurt him more. He didn't want it to bleed. So I told him to let me see. He showed me and the nasty thing was sideways in his mouth. I told him it wouldn't take much to get it out. He said "NO!" I said, "Ok let me just see how loose it is." Then I pulled it out. He didn't even feel it, it was so loose. So that night, the good 'ole fairy herself came back to the Longnecker house. He got $5.00 (a tradition for fairies that come here----for their 1st tooth only!!!!! Then they must wise up or something.)

3 comments:

Dana said...

Wooo HOoo First tooth gone. That a milestone!!! 5.00?????? YOur tooth-fairy is a rich one. I wonder if we can get her to come to our house.

Jennifer M. said...

Way to go Gabe! What an awesome Tooth Fairy! :) What a great Pa to make so many memories with all of you. :)

longnecker said...

He is so sweet! And so fun to have Pa come. I hate those loose teeth that just hang so good for you!