Monday, September 20, 2010

Just thinkin'

I am feeling very grateful to my Heavenly Father right about now. My mother-in-law use to say, "The older I get, the longer my prayers are." It's true for me too. I discover more and more how much my Father in Heaven loves me, protects me and my family, and blesses me with so much. I remember when I was single and driving different places, I would pray out loud. I would pray constantly. I had a great relationship with Him. I still have a relationship with Him but we don't "talk" as often, I know due to ME. I am constantly on the move with all I have to get done in a day. I miss those days of talking freely, openly, and frequently. But I have realized that I am doing what He wants me to do - being a mother. Yes, I need to get better about finding more time to talk with Him than I do, and studying the scriptures more. But I know that I am still loved by Him; That I still make him "proud" in certian areas (wish it was in all areas but that of course will always be a work in progress). I am grateful for those moments that He speaks loudly enough for me to hear Him, and repeats when I don't. I am grateful for those blessings He gives me freely when I probably don't deserve them. I love my Heavenly Father and I am thankful for my testimony of his love. Wish I could just hug Him right now.

3 comments:

~Erica and her gang~ said...

What a great testimony, Allison!! Thanks for all the little reminders in this post. This was something I know I needed to hear this morning.

Dana said...

What a wonderful Heavenly FAther that we have to prompt us more than once when we don't listen the first time!!!

Jennifer M. said...

And, I'm sure He wishes he could hug YOU right now. :) Thank you for sharing such sweet, true feelings. You are a great woman!