
Last night, Erik and I were both ready to sell her (not really we were just very mad at her).
Erik and I were sleeping and I woke up to hear little pitter patter of feet. It took me a while to figure out what it was. Anna has been roaming the house at night off and on for several months now. A few nights ago, I was laying in bed around 10:45 and Erik brought in Anna. He asked if I told her to find him. I told him no, I didn't even hear her door open.
Well,last night she roamed countless times. Erik and I took turns dealing with her in the begining, and we saw each hour on the clock several times and we truely lost count of how many times we were up with her. I don't know what her deal was but with every time I got out of my warm bed I got increasingly mad.
Finally, I lost it somewhere around 5am and yelled at her. That of course broke her heart and probably made her mad. Anna has the cry that can wake the dead. She actually hurts my ears every single time she cries. She has a temper and lets it all out whenever she wants to. She is two and has no consideration for others who might like to sleep. I thought the walls were going to come down from her noise. But there was no way I was going to let her have her way just because she was crying. But yet again, she got her little tiny butt out of bed AGAIN!!! Do I even have to say I was so beyond done at this point? I threw her back in bed with a swat on the butt and the whailing picked up again. I felt bad for Erik. I can't imagine having to work in front of a computer all day and having absolutley NO sleep. I at least can take it easy and rest when I can.
So this morning, the alarm went off at 6:45am and I didn't even hear it. Erik and I are both so tired. Erik ended up pouring his ceareal in his ice filled glass. It was pretty funny! Long naps are all in order for today.
Wish me luck so I can be a nice Mama today!
9 comments:
We lived that scenario so many nights for the first 3 years of Bridger's life around our house. It's brutal! Sleep deprivation made us the crankiest parents, but what can you do? I learned long ago, that you really can't force a (stubborn) toddler to sleep. (And, all those people who never had a kid like this will give you their "helpful" advice... I grew to HATE those people! They really didn't get it, and they just made me feel like a failure.)
Try to get a nap today--even if it's just laying on the couch while the kids watch TV. These are the days that Dr. Pepper was made for! 'Hopefully, tonight will be better. If not, at least tomorrow is Saturday! 'Wish I could come over and take the kids so you could sleep!
Time for the DUCK TAPE (just kidding)!!!!! hahaha
you need to put a gate up at her door...it may take her a few weeks to figure out how to climb it, but it will buy you some time!
I so hear ya. We just finished that stage with Noah. You know what we ended up doing? Turning the lock around on the door and locking him in. How bad are we?! It totally worked though. He only freaked out the first night.
This parenting thing isn't for sissies, is it?!
I will send prayers and good vibes your way!! I had being so deliriously tired!
This is Jen Pascual, using Meghan's blog as my conduit to the lives of people I know, haha! My sister in law Lacey, has lived like this for almost 4 years. I feel really sorry for her too. Just know you are not alone, and kudos to Wendy's comment, get that gate up!
Girls don't feel like a bad parent that is what we do out of necessity. changing the lock around not a bad thing. YOu do what you got to do.
Oh my gosh what is her deal. I agree with the lock thing. She'll catch on after one night. I think - but then I never had one roam around at night. Thank goodness.
McKenna does that too! Very bad recently and I've been going crazy. I blame the Sigferson side of the family. Has to be them. They gave the kids weird toes too. How are your kids' toes? :)
Post a Comment