
We got hit with a snow storm yesterday and ice over the night. School got canceled and we were happy about it (although Gabe did say he misses school).

We bundled up and headed outside. Everyone was enjoying themselves but Kate. She didn't want to walk in it.
So she stood still. Then about five minutes, Anna fell.
She started crying and both girls were back in the warm house watching cartoons while us big kids threw snowballs at each other. 
(I love this picture of him, what a good lookin' boy he is)
Gabe got frustrated because he didn't know how to make a snowball, it kept falling apart in his hands. Once I showed him to pack it in his hands it was all over.
After a while Gabe got too cold and went in while Isabel and I still played in it. We played together until Erik got home from work. He sat in his car for a while because he knew we were going to attack him. And boy did we ever! It was a blast. We will probably bundle up in a little while and head back out there. Anyone want a little winter fun, come on!


Here is the difference in this snow compared to the snow we got a couple weeks ago. And as I type this, we are getting even more. I love it.
a few weeks ago
yesterday




5 comments:
Oh I love it. I wish we were getting snow here too. We are just too far south. - It is very cold here though. I love the close up of the holly bush with the snow on it.
I'm jealous because we haven't gotten that much snow at once all year! Enjoy it!
No wonder the poor girl didn't want to walk in the snow...look at the shoes you put her in!(LOL!) I don't even think you can make a snowball now...way too icy!
Okay you were a total wimp and took that last one in the comfort of your own home it looks like. I looooove that picture of Gabe. There is no pretending on that picture. He is totally happy. No wonder Kate didn't want to go anywhere, she had sandles on. Looks like yall had fun. Every kid should experience snow at least one time in their life for sure!!!!
For the record, those are not sandles on Kate. They are tennis shoes. And that is all that we have that fits the child's feet. We are southerners and don't have the right snow equipment. She would have cried no matter what...it's Kate!
Post a Comment