Monday, October 5, 2009
One more reason why I love the Fall
It's fall ball time here in the south! I love fast-pitch softball! In my younger days, I was quite good at it too if I can toot my own horn a little bit. Four kids and a couple years under my belt, I am a bit slower than I once was. But I still love it. So when Erik asked Isabel if she wanted to play, I was thrilled when she said yes. Soccer is fun to watch my kids play, but I know the ins and outs of softball.
The first practice that Isabel had, she stood right on the home plate to bat. I failed to inform her that she had to step away from the plate. She is doing better every time she puts on that glove or picks up the bat. She mainly plays outfield and with her age group, it's never hit out there. So we catch her looking for things in the grass while she should be paying attention to the game. The first game she had, she climbed in the van and said, "Daddy can I play next year?" I am happy she has found her niche with what she enjoys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah we LOVE fall ball too ;o) I am glad she is enjoying it. Loved the pics.
Wow! She looks like such a big kid! When did that happen?
Post a Comment