I turned on the lights and put it in reverse. As soon as I was out of the driveway, I put it in drive and looked out ahead of me. And I sat there stunned! I had this HUGE grasshopper, locus, something prehistoric on my windshield, the size of my palm.

I had to go, someone was behind me wondering why I was just sitting in the middle of the road. So started to drive. My whole thought process was on this weird huge nasty thing on my windshield. I suddenly had this thought that he would fly off and float right down the open sun roof and onto my head. I begrudgingly closed my beloved sunroof and was mad at this creature for ruining my evening drive by myself.
I drove 40 miles an hour and it was still hanging on, 45, 50, 60 and it was still there. I kept thinking, 'How are you still hanging on nasty thing?'
I made it to the gas station, thankfully, I was distracted the entire drive! I pull up next to the pump and start to get out when this...THING turns his body around ever so slowly and looks at me, eyeball to eyeball. He moves his antennas like he is telling me, "You made me hold on for dear life. Girl, I dare you to get out." Again I had visions of this creature jumping into my hair as I get out, me screaming, running around all these innocent by standards trying to be free from his beady eyes and nasty legs crawling in my hairsprayed hair. I get itchy just thinking about it again! UGGGG!!!
I couldn't believe it. I was being held hostage by this nasty creature. How dare him jump on MY car, interrupt MY quiet wind filled time, and "DARE" me to go at it with him. Didn't he realize I WAS bigger than him and could squash him (even though that would be a lot of nasty guts where ever he was squashed...yuck!That's why I didn't use the wipers to get him off in the first place). I grabbed my credit card and keys and cracked the door ever so slightly. I cringed as I jumped out and ran to the back of the car. I made it. I could see through the windows he was still there. I went to the pump, never fully turning my back on him - you never know what those beady eyes were planning on doing. I pumped my gas, of course me standing as far away from the windshield as possible.
Once I was done, I was getting the courage to make a run for it back into the car when he turns around again and jumped. He looked like a humming bird taking flight. I kid you not, that thing was huge. I breathed a sigh of relief when he jumped away and not toward me. I was free once again!
At least all was not lost. I had the drive home with the sunroof open, music cranked and sang as loud as I could. Have a good life big cricket...just not near my car!
6 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!!! That was absolutely hilarious. You told it so more imaginative in your blog!!! And let me tell you that was not what I was picturing. It is so much more scary. Maybe because you were so vivid and I could feel him staring me down too!!!
OH, this is too funny!
SICK! I have those in my garden and Hannah and I are always screaming like loons and running for cover when I hear one...I don't even have to see it to know it's time to run!
You SHOULD have turned your wideshield wipers on. You are a good story teller.
I wish I could have witnessed this. If I would have been there I could have saved you from the BIG, BAD, montsterous BUG :o) LOL
Too funny! But I have to say, I hate spiders in the worst way!! It's always something...
Post a Comment