Thursday, September 3, 2009

Want to Join Me???




I have created a team for a 5K on October 10th (in Nashville). I am welcoming any and all to join me for this Run/Walk. It's for the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Organization. It is a way to raise money to fight breast cancer. Most of you know my mother-in-law, Julia, suffered and fought for three years with breast cancer. I also have two Grandmothers and several Great Aunts that have been through the rough and tough stuff that breast cancer creates.



So all of you, no matter what physical shape you are in, can join us. You can run/walk/jog/jump/bounce/ or stroll your way to the finish line. They do have competive starters first. I will not be one of those!!!!

They also have "3 Miles of Men" if you want to do that; if you don't want to run/walk, they have people lining the street of the race cheering on those in the race. There is a free pizza and beer thing to going along with that. Look into that if that is of interest to you.



My team name is "Joggin' 4 Juggies". Click my team name to go to my team page. To sign up under my team, just click the link to "Join Our Team". Make sure you don't add the $5.00 charge for shipping your t-shirt and race bib. Joining a team, the team captain (me) will receive your stuff and give it to you.

*****Make sure you sign up before 5pm on Friday, September 18th*****

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Joggin 4 Juggies, LOL

Dana said...

yes that is a funny name. I wish I could be there to walk with you!! They are doing one here towards the end of October. Is October breast awareness month??

Wendy said...

Hopefully I will have a better idea if I will be around to join you by Sept 18th!!! I would LOVE to do it if we will be home in time! Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Heather said...

I wish, wish, wish that I could fly to Nashville and do this with you. It sounds AMAZING! I think it's great you organized this. P.S. LOVE the name...it added a little chuckle to my Monday night.