Thursday, July 30, 2009

Craziness

I am up right now at 4:03am. Yes, this bites! I have been awake for about 30 minutes. Seems to be a repeat from last night too. But that was 1am-4:30am. What is wrong with me?

For one thing, life has been crazy. I don't do nearly the things I have normally done in the past. This blog has been neglected. Phone calls to family hasn't been nearly as long or as frequent. I hope no one is offended by that. I don't mean to neglect anyone but it is CERTAINLY not due to lack of thinking about everyone. My life is just plain crazy.

Gabe and Isabel started school. Yes, Gabe is now a Kindergardener with a backpack as big as he is. I have the same thoughts as I did when Isabel started school. I hate my children being pushed out into the world. I love the fact that they aren't home fighting all the time but I miss my buddies and my helpers. I cringe when I think about someone else telling them things I don't believe in. I want to slap someone if they are mean to my kids. I want to cry because this is yet again another step closer to them being independent.



I believe in being independent, that's what we all have fought so hard for, but I haven't had to do this with MY children. It makes me marvel at Heavenly Father's wisdom, patience, and control. He could very easily MAKE us do what He wants but is so in control of himself that he lets us fall on our faces, but is there to cheer us on. He lets us struggle and will help when He is asked. Boy, how I wish I was more like Him.

The girls are struggling with having no one to entertain them. I went to the gym and Gabe wasn't there to play with or depend on. They cried. They are more clingy due to all of this. We will find our routine eventually but it will be hard for a little while.

Being a Relief Society President (Relief Society is the women of our church 18+ years old) is proving to be very different than a councilor. I, of course, will do what the Lord wants me to do and am not complaining by any stretch of the imagination. I am great at following a good leader! But trying to be that good leader...I just hope Heavenly Father makes up the difference where I fall short.

I am just rambling on...probably because I am so tired that I can't put all my thoughts completely together...Sorry!

9 comments:

Dana said...

OH Allison you are so precious. I am offended though about our phone conversations. They have been cut short quite a bit lately. But I will survive like I always do. JK I think if we know you then we know how crazy things are. I do miss our phone conversations though.

herb said...

Wow, a lot of stuff on your plate! No wonder you can't sleep.

Beccarigg said...

I didn't know you were the Relief society president! Wow! You really do have a full plate right now! Thank you for this post, I definitely got teary eyed reading it and being reminded about the similarities between what our Heavenly Father did and what we need to do to help our children grow. Also that He makes up the difference where we fall short. I feel that often as a mother. Thanks for the great words!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Hey girly,
I am so sorry your mind has been bogged down with worries and ideas. I know how that is. I hope our new workouts will help boost your spirits and trim that wasteline like you want. (Although I think you look pretty darn good) Sleep Well

The Peters Family said...

Love the pic of the ducks. :-)
I've had nights like those a lot recently too...feel for you with that. I think it's the pregnancy that wakes/keeps me up...but then I think about primary stuff then I can't shut my brain off...then tired the next day. Rough cycle.
(Wish you were primary president so we could share ideas!)

Wendy said...

You need to have an outlet...so ramble on girl!!! You will get your grove soon! It is a lot of change in a short amout of time. I am here when you need me...I may need to drag kids along, but I want to help when I can!!!

Carla said...

Yeap - that's why you can't sleep -Kids and RS President will do that to you - You will get into a routine. I cried everytime I put a kid in school because I knew it was the beginning of them leaving home completely.

Bond Bedlam said...

Yeah - life speeds up and you feel out of control of your own life - I know if have felt that way for a long time. Love the picture of the duck.

irvy said...

I'm playing catch up - but I just have to say ...

You are awesome! I know you - you're saying/thinking "Oh I am not" - you are too!!!

I'm such a whiner - you amaze me.

Love you lady!