Sunday, April 5, 2009

Lots to Catch Up On...

Last week my little sister and her two kids came to escape from their cold winter weather for a couple of days. We had a great time shopping, exercising, and even a little project I will blog about at a later time...it's great though. I don't have any pictures since I didn't touch my camera while she was here. What was I thinking? We kicked her out on Thursday morning since we were leaving too.

We headed to Chattanooga, TN. Erik thought a over night trip would be fun and we all agreed. Last August, we surprised Gabe with a train ride for his birthday.
 
We all really enjoyed it and had a blast. We HAD to do it again (and more in our future too!)
 


 


 

 
We all LOVED it. The girls did wonderful. That would be the way to travel if I have my wishes! Someone else being in charge of the arrival, kids being able to move around freely, and wonderful nature out the windows to enjoy.
 


 


 


 
Nothing better!
 


 


 


We finished out the evening checking into our hotel, eating dinner, and getting ready for bed (Erik took the big kids swimming while I put the babies to bed; Gabe came back to the room to tell me that he "drowneded" but Isabel saved him).

During the night, Anna woke us up throwing up. A little history inserted here...For the past 3-4 hotel stays there has been someone that throws up. I don't know what it is about my kids and traveling but they aren't the best at it. The last time we went, Erik swore off traveling for a long time, then he comes up with this idea...and the weird thing was, Anna was fine. She probably just ate something that didn't agree with her and just got rid of it. But it took us forever to get both the girls back to sleep. When one wakes up, so does the other. We were drained the next morning but I was determined to have a fun day.

We met up with my father-in-law and went to the aquarium. Our favorites were the sting rays that we could touch, the pengins that were absolutely adorable, the butterflies (which Isabel held one on her hands which she was thrilled about), turtles, and the sharks being fed.
 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


We arrived back home tired but happy. It was a great weekend. Thank you Erik, Jan, and kids for making it a great weekend.

9 comments:

klonghall said...

Oooh! That looks like so much fun. We had such a great time with you guys on that train ride last summer. I wish we could have come along, too. Darn that school schedule... Everyone is looking way too big and so cute. I miss you guys!

Wendy said...

Couldn't see the last four pix.... I am always jelious when I see the fun weekends you have with your family! Even with a sick kid you make it look and sound wonderful! Next time you go you sould invite the Allen family...my boys would LOVE to go see the train!

Samantha said...

It's looks like you guys had a blast. I love the pictures of the kiddos. Lilly Kate has taken an interest in trains, so maybe we'll make a trip to Chattanooga in the future for a train ride.

Leighanna said...

Fun-ness!!! The girls are getting so big, I can't believe how long it has been since we've seen you all!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Chattanooga is a great weekend getaway! You know we have a train lover, too so we have done the train ride their also! My kids had a blast :) Even with the puking little one it looks like a sucessful adventure :) C-ya Monday morning!!!!!!!!!

Bond Bedlam said...

Fun weekend - that's great.

Lauren said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time!!!!

Dana said...

Love all the pictures I can't see the last four either. Darn my body!!! That would have been fun. We will have to do it this summer I hope.

Dawn said...

Fun! That looks like a great idea. Your babies are so cute and getting so big. Sucks when they get sick, but hey, you didn't have to do the laundry the next day! We need to visit our aquarium. We've get a beand new one in Phx...