Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Most of you know we had some pretty crazy weather here this weekend. Everyone has a story about being in the tornados this past weekend and I would like to add my two cents about it. The newspaper headline was "NOT A GOOD FRIDAY". I disagree. The tornados that came through our town were pretty scary and cause some ulgy damage. One mother and her 9 week old baby were killed. That being said, many many many people were spared and many were warned by the spirit. That means it was a Good Friday to me. After all passed, I got down on my knees and thanked Heavenly Father for keeping us safe and that we along with others felt the Spirit with us while we were going through the storms. I am thankful our family and friends were safe. Isabel was so scared she was physically shaking uncontrollably. But we were safe. Seeing strangers help strangers, police men wrapping up children in their coats, people again focusing on their families and not material things...that's a GREAT Friday to me.

Here are a "couple" of pictures with the kids in their Easter clothes. We are not ones to buy new clothes just because a holiday is coming up. This is actually the first time we did it. As we were going to church in our BEST, I thought how great it was to be together, to look so darn cute, and to have this Easter season. What a gift our brother and Savior gave us. What a special season this is.

 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 

 

 

 
 
(Yes, I know I have more pictures of the little ones. They don't complain as loudly or run as fast as the big kids.)


10 comments:

Wendy said...

These are Awesome pix! You are really getting goood at your photography! My three boys got new shirts...but I didn't have time to take any pix of them in their matching attire...oh well they will be wearing them again. I can take their pic and pretend it was Easter! I tought Isabel's class on Sunday and she told me she was crying because she was so scared. Max was too, but he didn't want me to tell anyone...so don't say anything.

Leighanna said...

Um, so I have to say that I just LOVE the fact that Gabe's shirt has the Jolly Roger all over it. Where did you get it? William just might need a pirate shirt. ;)

Dana said...

OH what sweet pictures of the girls you got!!! I think they change with every set of pictures I see of them. And Isabel is so sweet with them. I totally didn't picture Gabe shirt like that but it totally works for him doesn't it. What a blessed Easter I think we all had!!

herb said...

Glad you guys were safe and obviously watched over! Give all those cute kids a big hug from us!

Beccarigg said...

What a great perspective on the tornadoes. You are so right, what a blessing that the spirit warned so many and that it wasn't much worse. Glad you guys are safe and love the kids Easter outfits!

The Duke Family said...

I am so glad you are alright. I have been so worried about all of my friends there. You have a great attitude!

Teresa

Bond Bedlam said...

Pictures are so... cute - I am certainly glad I did not know about the tornadoes in your area until you called me - I would have been a basket case!!

Edie and Luke said...

Allison- they are all so cute! And you take amazing pics! I hope you guys had a happy easter!

Jake and Emily Hutchings Family said...

allison-
i totally just blogger stalked you!! i saw your link on jenn thomas blog and had to check it out! you have the most adorable family!! your isabel is STUNNING! yeah, i'm impressed with your mama ability. you're my hero now! it was fun to catch up on your life!! love, emily

Dawn said...

wow, what a bittersweet day! So sad, and so important to listen to the spirit. Glad you guys are ok, and had a good Easter. Cute little girls, is one going blonde?