Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fun Times!!!

My Mom came to visit us on her Spring Break last week. It has been so long since she came here. I love it when Mutta comes to visit or we visit her. We always have fun together. It has taken me a while to get all this together and still have other posts to do but here is one so far...

The last full day Mom was here, she got us dinner and we took it to the park to eat it. It's our new park near our house that isn't yet finished, but we don't mind making ourselves comfortable here nontheless.

Erik has been down these paths biking on many occations and told us that there was a great place. All of us love an adventure so we followed. We walked and walked wondering where we were going. The woods got thicker around us. Flip flops were not the right attire but we were going with the flow.

 


 


 


 

Finally, in front of us was a stream with lots of rocks to jump on. These pictures don't do it justice. It was quiet and peaceful.

 


 


 


 

It reminded me of the times my grandmother would take us to a creek on their property as a child. We would play in the water, building sand creations, swinging on thick vines, and Grandma would read us stories on the blanket on the bank. I treasure these memories I have with my grandmother.

 


 


 


 


My kids love an adventure and a chance to get dirty. Gabe and Isabel were in heaven, jumping from one rock to the next and exploring everything. We stayed there until the sun started to drop and then we headed out.
 


 


 


 

 


 

Of course we had to throw rocks into our favorite spot before we left for home. It was a fun evening.

5 comments:

~Erica and her gang~ said...

I am so glad you guys had a great visit!! You took some awesome pics, girl :) My family and I might have to come and check out this park!!

Wendy said...

You will need to lead us down to your quiet, peaceful place...I need it right now~ Your pix are awesome!

Bond Bedlam said...

Great Fun - Oh yeah it reminded me of the farm - We are going there next weekend - Daddy has to help Grandpa with something.
I had fun!

Dawn said...

I would KILL for a park like this, anywhere in Arizona. It sure looks beautiful! Great visit too, sometimes I wished my mom would be a little further away, because I'd maybe get a little more undivided attention from her...

Samantha said...

Beautiful pictures. There are lots of hidden treasures in this area.