Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Weekend in Fun-gomery

We had lots of fun this past weekend in Alabama. We traveled down in tornado weather. Yes, there was a tornado in the next county over and was moving our way. Thankfully, I am a skilled driver (I hear Erik laughing uncontrollably right now) that navigated through the rough storms.

 


Candi's family was there. Even though the Glovers are family of my in-law sister...they feel like family to all of us. We have always felt so comfortable with each one of them from the moment we met them. I was excited to see them since it had been such a long time since we were all together.

 


We enjoyed a trip to Cosco and sampled everything in sight Saturday morning then we went to an art center. The kids enjoyed running around inside and out. The weather was perfect in the 70s. All the kids liked playing in the pond. Pure freedom. Running around playing with cousins. What could be better than that?!
 


 


 


 


 


 


 


We woke up to SNOW the next morning and traveled to church with the big flakes coming down fast. It sure was pretty. But crazy going from 70s to freezing overnight. That's the south for ya!
 


Julia Karen was blessed and it was such a sweet blessing.

 

7 comments:

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! You got some great pictures of the kids! I love the one of Gabe (close up) cheezin for the camera and the one of Isabel laying on the table!! Good eye :)

Wendy said...

Looks like a fun weekend! I'm glad you made it through the crazy weather!

Brinn said...

fun fun! Love the pix! By the way, Thursday should work just fine.

Dana said...

I love that picture of you and Erik maybe because we never see you and him together. Its hard to get those when you are the one behind the lens. Gabe looks even bigger than the last pictures I saw of him. And I think the girls are thinning out.

ChristyLou said...

I'm glad you guys had such a fun-filled weekend and I'm seriously jealous of the gorgeous weather (minus the tornado;). Your kids are so gorgeous and I love that picture of Isabel laying her head on the table...very cool!

Jennifer M. said...

Great pics, Allison! Thanks for sharing them. Sounds like a fun trip. :)

klonghall said...

Did you put these pix on one of your web albums? I'd like to download some of them. Your pix always look great! We had so much fun! You are so right about the Glovers. I feel like we are all just a part of their family, too. And, we did feel like that from the first time we met them in Boise for the wedding. It NEVER felt like an "US" and "THEM" kind of thing. I'd like to figure out how to be as welcoming and hospitable as they are.