Thursday, January 29, 2009

FINALLY!!!

I forgot to blog about this wonderful thing that happened. Isabel FINALLY lost her tooth.
She has been wiggling that thing constantly for months now. I am happy the Tooth Fairy took it away.

 

A funny thing about it though, Isabel came home and said a girl in her class lost her tooth and the Tooth Fairy gave her $5.00 for it. I was shocked and horrified that the Fairy herself would pay such a hefty price for one tooth. I remember getting $.25 or $.50 back in my day. Has inflation really been that big of a difference?

So my reply to her was, "MAN! That must have been one clean tooth to get $5.00 for it."

I didn't think of it again until I caught Isabel in the bathroom scrubbing her nasty little front tooth with soap and water (after it was out, of course). I was telling my mother and it hit me like a ton of bricks that she was cleaning up her tooth so she could get top dollar. Even as I type this I am giggling.

But I'll be! We woke up and Isabel was jumping for joy. That crazy Fairy left $5.00 under her pillow. WOW!!!! I need to loose a couple teeth to boost my bank account!

(***See the post below for pictures from today of the little kids***)

7 comments:

klonghall said...

Wow! Our tooth fairy only leaves $1.00--and that's when she actually remembers. She's been known to hide the dollar in breakfast cereal and oatmeal packets... (You know, they get up and say, "The Tooth Fairy forgot me!" Donnie scrambles to find a place that she may have "left" the dollar to be tricky...)

Leighanna said...

Pssh.... You better believe I would be explaining to Isabel that even the tooth fairy is living through a recession. LOL!!! Well, maybe I would explain that the net worth of teeth goes down with each cpnsecutive lost tooth. So, the first is very valuable... but price reductions happen from there on out!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

Yeah, that little fairy left $5.00 for our kids 1st teeth!! Then she came to her senses and has been leaving $1.oo for the others :) (hehehe) I love the story about her washing her tooth that is adorable!!

herb said...

That's.one.smart.cookie!

random mama thoughts said...

That is hilarious. Golly bum!!! I've got three or four years....I hope inflation doesn't get too much higher!!!!

Bond Bedlam said...

Well you left out the part of what she said to me on the phone when I told her that I only got 15 cents for a lost tooth - Isabel said "Well you didn't get much because your tooth must have been nasty!" --- That's when you put it together that she was scrubbing that tooth CLEAN in order to get 5 Bucks! - So.. glad the tooth fairy gave that baby $5. :)

ChristyLou said...

That is soo funny! Kaylee just lost her front two teeth a few weeks ago but don't tell her how much the fairy brought Isabel...guess her tooth wasn't as clean, lol.

So I found your blog address on an email you sent me back in 2007!! I'm such a bum for not staying in touch better. The last time I saw you the twins were still incubating! I'm so excited to keep up with you through our blogs and I'm sending you an invite to our blog if you're interested! Lots of love, Christy Grigg

PS-Do you remember Laura and Drew Miller? They found out a few weeks ago that they're having identical twins! She's due in August!