I have been in a funk lately. I have been a bit depressed. Hopefully no one but my immediate family has noticed. I am sure some of it has been the weather and not being able to get out enough. But most of it has been because of my sister.
Dana has had so much going on these last several months, and it has come to a head just recently. She has Chrone's and has been in and out of the hospital this past full month. She just got out of the hospital yesterday. She is weak and can not do hardly anything. That is not the Dana I know.
What has made it hardest on me, is that I can't be there to help her. I call her daily and to hear my sister going down hill rips me up inside. She is such a bubbly, energetic, go-get er. She has 7 kids and can run circles around all of us. Just talking can be too much for her sometimes.
It has been scary for me to be on the sidelines and not be able to swoop in and help when I know she so desperately needs it. It has brought painful memories of my mother-in-law and grandmother, their struggles in their last days here on earth. I am thankful for those dear sisters in their ward who have done the things that the rest of our family can't do. Bless them for their love and concern for my sister and family.
We hope she is on the mend and will recover fully soon. Dana, I love you and miss you.
9 comments:
Well, when we talked I could tell she was weak but just the fact that she is able to eat now without pain. That is a step in the right direction. I love you too Dana.
What a great picture of you Sis! I hope everything goes well for her and her family! I will pray for her and you!
I'm so sorry to hear your sister is so sick. It's so hard when you don't live close by. What a blessing that she has the sisters in the ward to help her. Still, I can only imagine how stressful it is for you. I hope she gets better soon!
I want to cry my eyes out Allison. That is so sweet of you and it just fills my heart to know how much everyone feels for me. I am indeed grateful for all of the heartfelt prayers and fasting for me. I have felt so uplifted by so many people and I don't want to say out loud but feel like I can only go up from here. Being sick has helped me learn so many things that I don't think I could have learned any other way. NOt that I am asking for more mind you. I love you dearly and miss you badly!!!
Allison, you sure do a good job of hiding your depression. I knew your sister was not doing good, but didn't realize how much it was effecting you. Let me know if I can help in any way! Your sister (and her family) are in my prayers!
So sorry to hear about your sister Allison, I hope she begins to feel better soon. It is difficult being away from family when times are tough, this I understand. Thank goodness for prayers, right!
Allison,
I am half way to her and would be more than happy to take any or all of the kids so you could get to her. Sometimes just seeing the ones you are concerned about and being able to see for yourself their smile can make all the difference - so know that the offer is ALWAYS on the table!
Our thoughts are with you both. It's never fun not being able to take care of your family. Hope she recovers quickly.
That is so hard! I've been really sick over the last few months and I feel for her and you. I know it's hard for my family to be far away when they want to help. I also wish that I felt well enough to go help my sister who's just had a baby. Thank goodness we have the RS sisters to help us and our loved ones when we can't! I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your sister.
Post a Comment