We had a wonderful trip for Thanksgiving. We met my week old little niece Julia Karen. She is a little doll.
I can't wait to see what kind of personality she has as she gets older. We had an enjoyable time with all the Longneckers and one Glover. Thanks for letting us invade for a couple of hours, you guys are fun to be around. And thanks for dinner Jan.
(Some of the Longneckers/Glovers at the park. The kids enjoyed getting all their energy out and us moms enjoyed gabbing and laughing)
We then saw some of the Bonds. Mom and Dad were already at my sisters when we arrived on Thanksgiving day. It is always fun being with my family. Erik says I just get silly. I can't help it. It is like being a kid again with a car.
(I had to throw this one in...priceless! This is my niece Eliza)
(What southern thanksgiving is complete without a little bit of target practice? We would have enjoyed this but the knats were so terrible they could have carried us away. Erik had over 30 bites on his arms alone! Notice mom under her jacket. She said she heard them hitting her coat...GROSS!)
(Dana found cute little projects for the kids to do. Here are all the kids working on their button wreaths)
Dana and Tom cooked an amazing meal. Thanks so much. And those pies!!! My brother-in-law cooks a mean lemon maragine pie!!! Thank you Tom. I can almost taste it right now.
At the end of our trip, Gabe woke us up 3 times throwing up. I felt sorry for those hotel housekeepers! We did cleaned the best we could with what we had to work with but I am sure they will refuse for us to ever step foot in their hotel again. Erik left a tip on the dresser for them. Poor ladies! Heavenly Father was kind enough to answer my prayers and no one threw up in the car.
(We found these shirts for $4.88! YEAH! Of course for that price, we all got one. We had to document of our great find.)
All in all it was a wonderful trip. I love being with all my family so much that even if we are still dealing with ear infections or kids throwing up everywhere, it is still worth the work to see them.
6 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great time and I love your new blog layout, so cute! I'm glad you are making those ornaments, they are sooo fun, I love them! As for settings, I took mine on manual/aperture priority. The key is to make sure your ISO is set appropriately (800) as well as your white balance. I would also use a tripod. Don't use a flash, that will make it look cheesy. Do a couple test shots with the kids in front to test your settings. If all else fails, call me and I will run over and help :) Can you believe I got the pyramid for $12?? YOu can get the knock offs on ebay for pretty cheap, so look there!
Why does someone always get sick when you guys travel? At least it was at the end of the trip. We were very glad to spend an afternoon with you. The kids had so much fun playing together. 'Can't wait for Christmas!
WOW, you guys experienced EVERYTHING!!! But all in all looks like you guys had a fantastic time. Hopefully see ya Sunday!
Cute shirts! Great family pix! I noticed your mom under her jacket before I read the whole comment...too funnny. I love your new page!! I want to steal it, but I won't. Hopefully I can find time to find one of my own. I can't believe you beat me to posting our trip...I just have toooo many pix, you'll see!
You all have no idea how bad those gnats were. There were just sheets of gnats flying around. I still look at that picture of us shooting and my whole body starts to itch and my neck tingles. I had gnats all under my under clothes as well. WE had a good time though. I am so glad that you guys came and I am glad you guys are family.
Dana when I first see the shooting picture I thought you were me! Then I saw my coat on my head to divert the awful gnats!! Anyway the older you girls get the more I see me in YOU!!
Post a Comment