Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tag...I am it.

The rules are:

* Link to the person who tagged you (Teresa) Sorry it has taken me so long Teresa. I didn't think I had any weird, random or quirky things about me...I was so very wrong :0)


*Post the rules on your blog


*Write six random things/unspectacular quirks about yourself


* Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them


* Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog* Let the tagger know when your entry is posted


Okay, here goes:

1. I close my eyes when I brush my teeth. I have tried to keep them open before but I just can't seem to. Weird huh?

2. I love to see vaccum marks on the floor. I vaccum almost daily, sometimes 2x a day since we have little ones messing up my track marks. There is just something that those tracks do for me...they just make me happy. Again, I am weird.

(and i always put a gown and high heels on too)

3. Sock are only allowed on my feet once. If they come off for any particular reason during the day (like my feet get hot, or put lotion on them, they are not allowed to go back on. Even if they are clean. I have to get a fresh set from the drawer. It drives Erik nuts but that is something he just has work through on his own...it ain't changin'

4. I can't stand my toes to be bare. I use to hate my toes in high school and never wore open-toed shoes because of it. Now I could care less, but they HAVE to be painted. When I am too pregnant to do them myself, I have asked Erik to do them, then Isabel once she got older.



5. I hate door handles. My family will tell you I am a freak about germs. I have gotten better with my children...there is no avoiding them but when I have to touch a door handle, or my children, I have to talk myself through it. In the winter, I always use my longsleeve or coat sleeve to open the door instead of my bare hand. Just the thought of all those invisible things jumping around waiting to jump on me or my kids...it really give me the willies!


(although this Italian door is amazing...I would touch this one bare handed)

6. I sleep with at least 5 pillows at all times. I can't sleep unless I have MY 5 pillows. Erik has learned to deal with it and is a pretty good sport on most nights. He does get embarresed when I haul all 5 pillows through the lobby of a hotel. All I have to say is, Do you want a happy, refreshed wife? Or do you want a nasty, crabby wife.

I Tag...
Carla since you have loads of free time :0), Dana, Wendy, Leighanna, Kim, Heather, Heck, I want to see all of you do it so I can make fun of your weirdness.

Yes, I am weird and a freak...I am ok with it.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Ok as soon as I figure out what to write I will!

Leighanna said...

I am totally with you on the sock thing. I am not very interesting, but I complied with the tag!

klonghall said...

I think I knew all of these things about you. :-) I always think of you when I see vacuum lines. No one I know enjoys them as much as you do! You might go crazy here in my house full of hardwood floors! The only place to see vacuum lines in down the hallway.

I'm sure I could fill a book with my quirks! You should do a post about Erik!

Carla said...

I'm with you on the door handle thing! I don't think I'm a germophobe, maybe a little. But in the winter, I use my sleeves because I WILL get a cold if I don't. In the summer, I get used to it, but during cold and flu season, no way. I wash my hands the second I get home (partially to warm them up, but mostly to avoid everyone's cold.)

The Duke Family said...

You are a freak!! I can see your point on lots of those things. Thanks for playing along. This was a fun tag.

Teresa

diegohall said...

I am very distubed by these revelations!!! I mean, we have been on multiple vacations together and I never knew ANY of these things about you!? Seriously, in the last 6 years or so I have been in the same house with you for probably a total of 30 days and I never once noticed any of these things. This is a wake-up call to me that I am not as observant as I thought! Even though you are a freak, you are still one of my very favorite people on the planet. :P

Donnie

Dawn said...

I don't think any of its weird. I love to vacuum, but glad I don't have to. I hate germs, but hve given up on that and know that my kids consume tons everyday. I especially understand about the pillow thing. I hug a pillow instead of Tom. He knows and he deals with it, it's really not worth having a crabby wife. As for the hotel lobby, he should get you one of the great carts to get them to your room!

Bond Bedlam said...

Yes you are a freak - and to think that I raised you and didn't know how freakish you are.

klonghall said...

I'm finally getting around to doing this. I'm putting it up right now.