Saturday, November 15, 2008

Catching up...

 


Isabel had a concert at school on Veteran's Day on Tuesday. She has been practicing these songs for weeks. One of the songs she sang was "Fifty Nifty". I was so impressed when she could sing all 50 states in ABC order.

 


It was a quick program but it paid tribute to all those men and women who risk everything for us. Thank you to all you wonderful and selfless heroes out there.

 


My Dad, Paternal Grandfather, Uncle, Maternal Grandfather, and Father-in-law have all served in different branches of the military. WE love you all. And Great Job Bella!

8 comments:

The Peters Family said...

WOW! I totally sang "Fifty Nifty" when I was in elementary school in St. Louis. I still remember it to this day and when I play Scattegories and the category is "State", I always sing the song through my head (in abc order, of course!).
It was a good one, glad it's still around!

random mama thoughts said...

I sang that song in Elementary school too! I can still remember it, and all the states. Did she sing the presidents song too? This lists all the presidents in chronological order! very cool song.

Wendy said...

She looks so grown up in that pic of her! I remember Jack doing it last year...with the same teacher. It was really cute and I had a hard time to keeping myself composed!

klonghall said...

Now, I'll be singing that song in my head all night. She's looking so grown up. I love school programs! It's one of the best parts of having a child in school.

The Duke Family said...

I sang that song as well, but in the 5th grade. Isabel is just so beautiful! I hope all is well!

Teresa

Dana said...

Man her hair has grown sooo much!!!

Heather said...

Isabel looks way too grown-up...like a little mini-teenager. We so need to make a trip to the south so Hannah can see all her cousins... I'm hoping that I can make a trip out this summer once baby is born and Scott graduates. We'll see...

Bond Bedlam said...

Isabel I am so proud of you! Great Job