Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One Year Older


Boy how time flies. On one hand it seems like yesterday these tiny girls were born. Then on the other, I can't remember them NOT in our family.

 


We celebrated after dinner, with presents first, of course.

 


 


 


Isabel and Gabe gave Anna and Kate dolls. They love their new babies and slobber, I mean kiss them all the time.

 


 


The girls enjoyed playing in the box while Daddy put together their toy.

 


Our friend Wendy brought over some balloons for the girls. Thanks Wendy! They have enjoyed playing with them.

 


 


Isn't it sad that Kate can't have icing?! She attacked her cupcake too but saw Anna had more fun with her's. She tried several times to grab Anna's.

 


I think every child has a picture like this somewhere.

 


Kate hates sitting in the highchair. She drives me crazy! This is her attempt to steal Anna's cupcake.

We are so thankful that Heavenly Father sent us these two girls. They have been a joy in our family. Gabe and Isabel have been so giving, attentive, and loving to these girls. I can't imagine our lives without Kate and Anna! We love you both very much!

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Those are some of the best pics I have ever seen...you really captured great moments! You are welcome (again) for the balloons, I knew they would be fun. I have to say... Gabe and Isabell really are the best brother and sister the twins could get! Happy Birthday girls!

klonghall said...

They brought us great joy during a year when we REALLY needed some. I think Heavenly Father knew how hard that first Thanksgiving would be without Mother. I think He sent them to us at that time for that very reason. And, I guess our sadness needed a double dose of joy--one baby couldn't do it alone. I treasure last Thanksgiving as one of my best ever.

Kate and Anna, you have already had a profound influence on our whole family. You've both made us better and stronger. You've brought such joy to this Aunt of yours who has felt sadness so often this past year. When I see your smiling faces, I feel like you were sent here to remind us how much Heavenly Father still loves all of us. You are a great gift! Happy Birthday!

Dana said...

Happy Birthday girls!!!! We are so glad that you are a part of our family. It was just yesterday that they were born. And they have changed so much. Give them a big smooch for us. Can't wait to see them in person. I loooooove the birthday banner. It turned out very cute.

The Thomas Family said...

Has it really been a whole year?! What cuties! Love the birthday banner. Did you make that?
So I didn't know how you did it with twin infants, but now I don't know how you do it with twin toddlers. You are my hero!

Loved Kim's comments above. I miss your mother in-law too. Especially now that we are back in GA. She was one of my favorite people. I'm sure Julia gets a real kick out of watching your girls from the other side. Can I tell you again how badly I wished you all were still living out here?!

~Erica and her gang~ said...

WOW, looks like you guys had a great time. You really captured some great photos!!! The one where they are looking at each other in the box is PRICELESS! They are growing up :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday Kate and Anna! Wow, time really does fly. Can you believe we have yet to meet them? It looks like you gave them a super fun first birthday. I love your happy birthday sign too. Super cute!

random mama thoughts said...

Congrats on a whole complete birthday! Jerime and I were looking at your site yesterday and I couldn't remember how old they were when he asked. I hope this year is a good one! They are so cute. Just think, one day they will be 19 like my sisters!!! My sister Tiffany is getting Married in May and I just can't believe it!

The Duke Family said...

So adorable! Time really does fly. You took some awesome pictures! I hope it was as fun as it looks.

Teresa

Elizabeth said...

I can not believe it has been a year. Congratulations!!! I remember shedding a few tears when the boys turned one. I couldn't believe I made it through a year, I worried that I had not enjoyed it enough. It did go by fast and I was just trying to survive some days. Your girls are beautiful and look so happy. Way to go!

Dawn said...

wow, birthday time already!? I can't believe how time has flown by. I can't beleive how they are looking like McKenna too! The same little button nose and cute cheeks! Happy Birthday girls! I love how they love to play with the boxes too!

Bond Bedlam said...

Save money just get boxes to play with.