Sunday, October 19, 2008

We're Back...

Two weeks away from my bed and my space was actually not as bad as I anticipated it would be. I love being home. But I love being with family even more. Don't get me wrong, I snuggled right into my clean soft sheets and giggled. It was great being home. But we had such a wonderful time with our family. Two weeks is a long time but I was happy we had the time to do it.

We took off to stay with my mother and father
for a week. Both my oldest sister and baby sister were there too. Between our eight children (and we were missing some) we had quite a noisy house but everyone got along really well (besides the ear infections, trips to the doctor, poop sick nephew, snotty noses, loud coughs at night, lack of sleep, fighting from mine, screaming niece due to ear issues and stomach issues...). We even were able to act a little silly here and there. I just "hangin' with my hommies".




The majority of our time was spent playing in the dirt. My kids LOVE going to Mutta and Pa's house because they can play on the car (which all old and young kids LOVE!), build "sandcastles" and knock them down, drive cars through what ever they have created, eating dirt and sand, and then take a bath in the fun big huge bathtub.







Gabe loves all the trains and Legos at his disposal. Isabel entertained all the little kids with rides in a little cart, and read to Mutta and the kids. The girls enjoyed going up and down the stairs and eating dirt.


The next week we met up with my in-laws at Disney World. We really had a great time. I was ready for melt downs, but for the most part all the kids did great. I love traveling with my in-laws. They are easy going and just out for a good time. We got to ride everything we wanted. Gabe rode everything he could, and enjoyed most of them. I was suprised! A year and a half ago, he was scared of all the rides. He did ride Splash Mt. with Isabel and he didn't like that. He said he wanted a grown-up with him. I can't blame him there!

 


(Erik, Isabel and Gabe [orange hat] are in the back...look at their faces. What a hoot.)

Let me first state that I am not a big fan of roller coasters. I never have been. I don't like the jerkiness of them and the "unknown". But the more I ride things, the better I am. Erik forced me to ride Space Mountian. This ride is in the dark...that's what makes it bad. I do have to talk myself through the whole ride. I survived and then even rode it again with Kim. Kim is a hoot! She giggled the entire ride. That made me laugh at her. I couldn't be scared when I was laughing. It was great!





Jan treated us to lunch at the Crystal Palace. This is where all the characters visit your table and you can take lots of pictures with them. I loved it and so did the kids. The food was WONDERFUL! Winnie the Pooh came up to Anna and she got freaked out. It was funny. Then Piglet put his hands over Gabe's eyes and he turned around. Gabe gave him the biggest hug. I never knew he liked Piglet so much. Isabel and Abby enjoyed all the characters. Our waitress brought a card that all the characters had signed and a cup cake for my birthday. What a great birthday.

We also went to the Animal Kingdom. We had never been there before. We loved it. I would recommed it! It is not as "go go go" as the Magic Kingdom is. Less rides but more animals...hence the name. We went on a Safari ride that was out of this world! I have never been that close to wild animals before. It was amazing! I can not say enough about it...just go and see for yourself.

The new ride, Mount Everst was open too. I told Erik there was no way I was going to ride that one. The thing is, I have four children that rely on me. It is not a natural thing to go 50-70 miles per hour with one sharp turn after another...then to go backwards...not a good thing. Well, needless to say, I rode it. I think Erik wants me to ride those things so I will bury my head in his chest and he can "protect" me. I survived that one but I didn't see any of it. I did have my eyes closed the entire time. I screamed so loud that I was wondering if I would have a voice...ahhhh! YIKES!!! I got off and all Gabe could talk about was riding it. Thank HEAVENS he wasn't all enough.


 


 


 
Posted by Picasa


(Some of these pictures are out of order and I am missing a lot...it's hard taking pics while you have to carry babies around....didn't take as many as I would have liked.)

What a great vacation. Thanks to all of our family for making it a great two weeks. Love you all and miss you.

9 comments:

klonghall said...

OK, I still feel bad that I didn't grab Gabe at the end of Splash Mountain and hold him. He seemed so happy until that last hill. I was right behind him, but that wasn't close enough. Maybe that's why he didn't talk to me for the rest of the day???

It was a great trip. Thanks for letting me tag along. I love spending time with you guys. I'm glad I made you laugh on Space Mountain. Maybe you should have ridden Everest with me instead of Erik?

~Erica and her gang~ said...

WOW, looks like you guys had a great time! I loved the picture of the girls asleep in the BIG stroller absolutely adorable!!! That is awesome that Gabe was so brave and outgoing about the rides a sign he is growing up. Anyways glad you and the family are back :)

Wendy said...

I can't get over that pic of Anna and Kate sleeping on the stroller...it is adorable! Isabel and her cousin can pass as twins. It sounds like you had a blast! That pic of them on Splash Mountain is great! You didn't get many pics, but the ones you got are good!

Dana said...

The girls are so cute in that stroller!!! That seems like so much fun and I had a blast with you guys. I am so glad that we took pictures before Carla left even though we all looked a little undone. I can't wait till Thanksgiving!!!The reason your post didn't show up is you started it 2 days ago.

longnecker said...

Yeah you are back and updating. You guys seemed like you had a blast. I wish we were there. It really is magical. I am getting sooo excited to see the girls, they look huge!

Your time with your family looked wonderful as well. Cousins really are the best, and it looked like they were loving being together.

Love ya.

Brinn said...

You are such a hoot! What a fun vacation! But we are glad to have you back! Love the picture of Gabe hugging pigglet!

random mama thoughts said...

Wow! I haven't blogged in a while! I can't believe the Crazy 8 and the Longnecker Zoo were visiting so close and I didn't know! LOL, I guess I should have asked!

Looks like you had a blast!

Dawn said...

what a great 2 weeks! I have to say, getting into your own bed is bliss after all of that. And so much fun with both families! Was that Erik's vacation for the whole year? Wish we were closer, I'd stand with you and skip the roller coasters too. It's not that I'm scared, I'm pretty sure I'd wet my pants and say a few John Wayne words...

Anonymous said...

Aww if only I would have known. We have yearly passes to Disney. Would have loved to have ridden some coasters with Erik since my wife refuses to ride any.