Please let me introduce you all to Mrs. Gorf. She is the mean teacher from the book series by Louis Sachar. We have been reading these books to the kids every night since Erik ordered them. They are adorable and witty books that I would recommend to anyone with children. Even I would read them on my own if I didn't have children. Wonderfully written and so funny.
Mrs. Gorf (spell it backwards...) will wiggle her left ear, then wiggle her right ear, stick out her tongue and turn her students into apples.


4 comments:
Munner would be so excited. She LOVED book character dress-up. A little trivia: Have you read the last book, "Wayside School Gets a Little Stranger," yet? In the book, there are a series of substitutes. All of their last names are very interesting. See if Isabel can figure out what it is. Mrs. Gorf also follows this funny pattern.
When I read that book to my 4th graders, I loved to see the "aha" light come on as they figured out the last name thing.
Those books were some of my mother's favorites. Way to keep up the great Longnecker tradition of being a READER, Isabel!
ADORABLE as always! I think I am going to look into these books! Thumbs up Isabel, Good costume!
She is just soo cute dressed up. Did she stay like that for Halloween? I looove the glasses. Good job Isabel.
What a great idea! I am a huge fan of children's literature. Those were some of my favorite classes in college, though I am not familiar with this series.
Post a Comment