Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Our fun Date
Isabel had a day off from school recently and we decided to spend some alone time together (Erik was off too). We headed to a nice bike/walking trail in town that I often visit. It used to be a family hot spot for us too until we sold our truck and could no longer transport everyone's bike easily.
We biked for seven miles. Toward the end, Isabel was complaining and I was regretting going so far. She kept telling me she wanted to go a little further when I asked. I don't think she or I took into account we had to travel back the way we came to make it back to the car.
For a rest we stopped at a small waterfall along the trail. Bella HAD to climb the rocks and stick her feet in. She ended up slipping and her butt got soaked. She said she didn't care since it cooled her off.
It was a fun time together. I treasure these moments with her. She is getting older and getting some attitude to match her size. So when we can steal these moments, it makes us realize how much we truely love each other and enjoy being together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
OMG, Allison! Isabella is your little mini-me! She is precious. How old is she again?
When the picture first popped up I thought it was you as a kid. She looks just like you doesn't she.
You got some great pics of her! That almost makes me want a girl of my own... untill you mention the attitude, then I am glad to have boys!(he,he) She is precious!
One on one time with kids is the best. Not only do they enjoy it, but it makes me remember that it's all worth it!
PS: "It" being raising 4 children under one roof at the same time.
What a great Mommy daughter date! I can't believe you guys biked so far! I would've been dying! That's a great idea though to still make sure you get some one on one time together with your kids as they get older (and more attitude ; ) I'll have to remember that with my girls! (p.s. those pictures are beautiful!)
Oh she's beautiful! And looks just like you! We don't hear much of her anymore. It's good to see her blogged about again. Eugh, attitudes are SO hard!
Those are the best days. I love having adventures with my kids one at a time. It's harder when they are in school. You win the "super mom" award this week for biking that far, too. Donnie will be very impressed!
OK, so I just reread my comment from your last post. I guess it's obvious that I'd give you the SuperMOM award every week. :-) You really are one of the best moms that I know. Seriously. I don't throw that compliment around very much. You have an awfully handsome husband, too, who happens to win lots of "Awesome Dad" awards in my book, too. Unlike our dear brother in "Fun"gomery, I'm sure Erik would have cleaned it up, too. Can you imagine what Lars would have done? I'm guessing he might have thrown away all of the bedding? I hope he doesn't read this...
What a fun date. I love dates with Kar. In fact we just ahd one yesterday. It was a blast. Isabelle is such a pretty girl. She looks like her Momma.
Your post below is so funyy. Probably not too funny to you though. Yes, I learned the same lesson with Spence. Thank goodness it wasn't a poopy diaper. I think I would of had to just toss everything. Were you dry heaving the whole time?! :)
My Bella - Tell her that I love her!
I love going out with just one of my kids. Meg's favorite spot is the MALL! I've sure trained her well.
Post a Comment