I understand the curse of being the oldest. I'm sure Dana does, too! On the flip side, I probably still worry about my brothers more than a regular sister would. I still feel like their mother hen! Thank heavens they all grew up to be these amazing men who married well!
Isabel is growing up so much. That loose tooth is just the beginning. I am antsy to see you guys. Hopefully, we can get together in October. :-)
I LOVE the pic of her with Kate. I'm totally with you on the oldest curse. I find myself automatically blaming her when Everett's upset even though he's every bit as culpable! It's maddening! But she's super helpful too. I think they're a lot alike - really good girls.
How sweet... She is a wonderful BIG sister and everyone see's it! Don't worry about being hard on her it's just tough love... all kids need it! You are doing wonderful with all of your kids...keep up the good work!!!
You know what,(coming from the oldest) Yes all moms are harder on the oldest ones and for me it has always been my place in the family. I was meant to come first. I just have that bossiness to me. I love that place in the family even though I might have had it a tad bit harder than the others.
She sure is a cuty and sounds like a very responsible girl!
A sister who's a mother of 6 one time gave a talk at Chruch and said if parents manage to set the oldest on the right course, the younger ones will pretty much follow. So it is important to make sure the oldest sets the standard.
I know what you mean, though. I feel the same way about our Sophie!
What a blessing to have such a good helper! I can't believe she rocked the baby to sleep! That is seriously the sweetest thing I've ever heard! It will be neat to see Teya doing things like that as she gets older.
10 comments:
I understand the curse of being the oldest. I'm sure Dana does, too! On the flip side, I probably still worry about my brothers more than a regular sister would. I still feel like their mother hen! Thank heavens they all grew up to be these amazing men who married well!
Isabel is growing up so much. That loose tooth is just the beginning. I am antsy to see you guys. Hopefully, we can get together in October. :-)
So very sweet. You get some of the best pictures of the kiddos. I always love your black and whites!
Hope my Anna turns out to be as big a help as Isabel is!
I LOVE the pic of her with Kate. I'm totally with you on the oldest curse. I find myself automatically blaming her when Everett's upset even though he's every bit as culpable! It's maddening! But she's super helpful too. I think they're a lot alike - really good girls.
How sweet... She is a wonderful BIG sister and everyone see's it! Don't worry about being hard on her it's just tough love... all kids need it! You are doing wonderful with all of your kids...keep up the good work!!!
You know what,(coming from the oldest) Yes all moms are harder on the oldest ones and for me it has always been my place in the family. I was meant to come first. I just have that bossiness to me. I love that place in the family even though I might have had it a tad bit harder than the others.
A loose tooth! Yay! We are still waiting for Kyle. He's tried to fake it a time or two.
What a good girl. It's sure nice to have a built in helper.
She sure is a cuty and sounds like a very responsible girl!
A sister who's a mother of 6 one time gave a talk at Chruch and said if parents manage to set the oldest on the right course, the younger ones will pretty much follow. So it is important to make sure the oldest sets the standard.
I know what you mean, though. I feel the same way about our Sophie!
What a blessing to have such a good helper! I can't believe she rocked the baby to sleep! That is seriously the sweetest thing I've ever heard! It will be neat to see Teya doing things like that as she gets older.
Too cute!!!
Check my blog - I tagged you.
Teresa
Post a Comment