Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dinner at Our Mexican Restaurant

I have to brag on Erik. Last night, when I was in the office making phone calls and other stuff for church, the room started filling up with wonderful aromas. I had to go investigate what was going on in the kitchen. Erik had the fry-Daddy out and was rolling up a mixture in tortillas. Then he "pasted" them together and dropped them into the fry-Daddy. He said, "they look good but who knows how they will taste." I told him I would love to be his tester. They were sooooo good! I was thrilled when he called everyone for dinner. When he put this in front of me, I thought I was at a Mexican restaurant.



Erik always has a way of making food more fun in our house. He doesn't do just normal pancakes for the kids, he makes them then cuts out shapes with cookie cutters. He will make faces out of things. I love how he makes things fun for the kids. I usually don't think of things like that.

Thank you Erik for a wonderful meal at the Longnecker Restaurant.

11 comments:

herb said...

I'd like a table for two, in a quiet corner, away from the kitchen and restrooms please!

Leighanna said...

Ooh... jealous! I love me some chimichangas!!! :o) I'll have to get the recipe some day!!! Miss you guys!

Elizabeth said...

That looks so good!!!

klonghall said...

That looks yummy! I'm putting that on the menu for the next Longnecker family gathering. Donnie can make his rice to go with it.

Erik is a fun cook. I still think he makes pancakes better than anyone else in the family.

Dana said...

Yes I would like a reservation too. Herb is too funny saying he wanted a table away from the bathrooms. I had never thought about that until his comment. It looks so good and I shouldn't be having stuff like that. Yummo

The Thomas Family said...

So do you think he could franchise out to GA? Preferably, near the Peachtree City area. :)
Yum, I could eat that right now.

Samantha said...

Wow, that really does look like it should have come from a restaurant. Does Erik give cooking lessons to coworkers? I need a recipe!

Wendy said...

Feel free to call us and invite us over to the Longnecker Restaurant! I will wash dishes to pay my tab!

The Peters Family said...

Ha! I read this then suggested Mexican for lunch. It was good, but probably not as good as yours.

Bond Bedlam said...

Looks great!

Beccarigg said...

YUM!!! I wish I could ge my hubby to cook! (of course I'm sure he wishes I would cook too! we both stink at it!)