Friday, July 4, 2008

Why Does She Think I am SOOOOO Stupid?



My almost 6 year old thinks she knows better than me! We went to a shoe store today after several other places. We left all the boys and babies in the car so us "big girls" could look in peace. Our first stop was to the bathroom. For the first time since I was pregnant it was me who had to go. My rule is, if someone has to go to the bathroom, you "squeeze whatever is in you out!" I say it whenever we are about to leave the house and if we go to a public bathroom. I can't stand to have to go several times with all the kids in every store. Public bathrooms are not my idea of fun!!!!!
So I told Isabel to get in the stall next to me and "Squeeze whatever is in you out". She goes and flushes the toliet. We wash our hands and proceed to try on bunches of pretty shoes, ulgy shoes, funky shoes, and everything shoe in between. I finally decide on a lovely heel that will go great with my skirt for church...besides the point but I really like them!
We pay for the shoes and head for the car. Gabe and Erik go into Best Buy together while us girls take care of the babies. I am in the middle of nursing Anna when I notice Isabel dancing around. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????
"I have to go bad Mama." I said, "You will have to wait till Daddy comes back." "I can't wait!"
"You will have to. We just went to the bathroom!"
Then I see the look on her face. A mother knows that look. The look like, crap I should have listened.
I saw RED!!!!
I said, "you will have to pee beside the van then". Let me remind you all, I am a country girl and when you have to go, you go where you can. I wouldn't just go anywhere if I had a better option but I am not opposed to using it out in the woods.
She was still dancing around and I was still nursing trying to open the side door of the van. Then I said, "You better not pee in this van!" She said, "It was an accident." This time I was seeing WHITE...the heat was hotter than Red. I was SOOOO furious, livid even. I look back and see she has wet herself.
I told her to get in her seat because I don't want pee all over my car. I turned around and said, "ISABEL, THAT IS WHY I TOLD YOU TO SQUEEZE WHATEVER WAS IN YOU OUT!" "Well I didn't have to go then."
I guess I am just dumb Mama who doesn't know a thing. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, she cleaned the car mat when we got home.

7 comments:

Carla said...

Oh geeze, you mean to tell me it doesn't end when they're fully potty trained???!!!! I'd be pretty pissed too!!!

Bond Bedlam said...

Oh boy YOU had to pee EVERYWHERE we ever went in Elberton!! I knew every public bathroom1

The Longnecker Zoo said...

I know I still have to pee all the time.I don't recall ever peeing in my pants when I was that old though. But the point was that she should have gone when she had the chance. BOOGER!!!!!

Leighanna said...

At least you can be relieved that it wasn't due to your negligence that she peed! I remember I peed in the car twice when I was young. Once was because I told my mom I had to go, but we were almost home and she thought I could hold it. She thought wrong. The next time we were headed down to Tucson at night and there was nowhere to stop... (And you don't stop on the road in the middle of the night in the middle of the desert). I had to use a cup... and it wasn't big enough!!!

Brinn said...

sorry but this was funny! Anyways, I just realized I haven't emailed you back. Sometimes I think about doing something... then I think I actually did it? Anyways, anytime next week works well with me. Usually Tuesdays are best because blandon has the day off. But I am game whenever!! Looking forward to it!

Samantha said...

This can't be true. Little girls always listen to their mommies, right? They think that they we are always right and that we are Cinderella and their Daddies are Prince Charming. Please don't wake me from my sweet little 18 month princess delusions.

Lauren said...

And THAT is why my 2 1/2 year old is still in pull ups when we leave the house.... I like your saying, though!