Sunday, July 20, 2008

Memory Game

 

1. Leave one memory that you and I had together, as a comment on my blog. Anything goes :)

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll check to see if you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Dana said...

I love that one where you were dancing the tootsie roll the day before you gave birth to Gabe at Reid and Leighanna's reception. I dont' know I am sure that are so many but that was a fun one.

Leighanna said...

Ok... So I always remember the first time I met someone before I can think of anything else. I DEFINATELY remember the first time we met. You were at your parent's house the first time Reid brought me home to meet them. You were sitting on the family room floor and got real excited when I came in. After being introduced, I sat down and you said something about, "drilling me". I knew I was going to marry Reid after that night - and I was glad he had a cool sister that was easy to talk to!

klonghall said...

Funny. I just saw this same thing on another blog of a friend who is not related to us at all... I guess it's a small world in the blog-o-sphere...

I have loads of Allison memories: I love when you and Erik would come and visit us and just hang out for hours. We would lay around on the couches. We always convinced you guys to let us feed you dinner. It was always so late when you guys would leave to drive back home. I just loved having you here. I miss that.

Of course, I think of all our beach memories... Those are great! And, when Abby was born, you finished her announcements for me. That was so helpful. I felt so bad for so long after she was born. I think it took me a year to get back to feeling like myself. It would have taken me that long to get those announcements finished, too.

Oh, and I loved Thanksgiving at your house this year. I will never forget staying up late cooking in your kitchen long after my family went back to the hotel. It was such fun to be with you and Erik that night. I was so worried that the holiday would be so sad, and it turned out to be one of my best Thanksgivings ever!

I'm so glad you married my brother!

I'll get this up on my blog tomorrow. It's too late tonight.

Dawn said...

ok, so there aren't many memories, but the one I do have is of Isabel and your visit when she was a baby. She had the WORST diaper rash ever. I felt so bad, I didn't even care that she had to go commando and that she could've peed on the carpet. That made my bum hurt!!

Lauren said...

I don't have too many memories yet, but I remember enjoying hanging out with you and S & J's! And Hannah walking in on you nursing your babies. She now talks about how her brother drinks mommy milk... even though he's not born yet.

Samantha said...

Since our friendship is mostly here in the blogosphere, I had to think hard about this one.

After reading your hilarious posts about having to call 911 because Gabe got his hand stuck in the entertainment center and then a few weeks later getting stuck in an exersaucer, you guys came to our house for a cookout. I guess that it was only fitting that while the grow ups were chatting and the kids were playing, that we would hear a crying Gabe and then see him with a Busy Ball Popper eating his arm! He had stuck his hand into the blower of the toy and it got stuck.

The funniest part was that while the mommy bloggers were trying to find cameras and reliving previous blog posts, the dad's were, sensibly, trying to pry the toy off of poor Gabe's arm.

That was a fun evening, a hilarious moment and would have made a great post had we found a camera in time!

David & Alayna Despain said...

I don't remember specifically, but I do remember how sweet you were and thinking that it would be nice be closer to David's cousins so we could get to know that side of the family better.

Carla said...

When Dana cut your bangs too short and you screamed and cried bloody murder. Mom came out and was SO mad b/c she thought something was "really wrong." But I know you were mortified.

Carla said...

PS) love the new template. Totally "you."

Bond Bedlam said...

Oh my gosh - so many memories of you that it is hard to pick- I will list one special one that sticks out in my mind because I thought of it as I prepared my Sunday School lesson yesterday- the one where you were dressed in white in the play and took the rose and put it in the vase. And the one where you were a teenager and we went to Atlanta to hear Pre. Hinckley speak and when he walked in you began to cry and turned to me and said Mom - he truly is a prophet I feel it. For a mom that was a great moment with my child.

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Carla, I remember that too. You should have seen how short she cut them. I HAD NO BANGS! I went to school with my hand over my head for so long. They were so short they stuck straight out. I was horrified. It really was bad! I did over react, but to a fourth grader...AHHHHH!

Mom, I still think about him walking in and feeling that. It was like a wave in the ocean, almost visible. The Spirit just rushing over all of us, testifying that this was Heavenly Father's servant and our prophet.

The Duke Family said...

You being stung by that bee at the McKee's home. Also, all those crazy beehives!!

Teresa

Wendy said...

Since we always discuss how bad our memories are this post is a little ironic... My memory is meeting you. It was in the bathroom at church, I think it was the first(or second, can't remember) week we were there. We introduced ourselves to eachother and you told me how good I looked for being 7 months pregers, and how big you get when you are prego. Well, I saw you prego with twins and think you looked fabulious, and still do!!

The Thomas Family said...

Okay I think this one is ment to make people miss you even more.

Man, I wish we lived closer. I had several memories pop into my head. One of them being at the church on a Saterday morning. you where there doing Scout things and I was there watching Luke play B-ball. You were pregnant with Isabelle. I had just puked in the church bushes out side because I was also pregnant. You were still wearing normal jeans at like 5 months and I asked you how you did that and you showed me your belly. Your jeans were jimmied. You had a hair pretty wrapped around the button and stretched to the hole. I know that's an odd memory to remember.I guess it left a impact on me. :) I also learned a term from you that I still use to this day and think of you every time I use it. The phrase is " chunky monkey" You called my sister's kid one. We got the biggest kick out of it. Your a funny lady. You also gave me one of our families favorite recipes. Chicken pillows, remember that?! It's a good one.

I also have memories of doing the only scrapbooking I have ever done with you. Seriously I have never scrapbooked since. :) Funny huh?! Good times. Ohh how I wished we lived closer. Why did you have to move away?!

diegohall said...

I remember you as a little girl in your nightgown when Allen Hockett and I would come over home teaching when I was a teenager. I also remember the time (just last year???) you and I were going crazy at Pa's house the day before Christmas so we went to the drugstore and got candy for Pa's stocking.