Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Cape San Blas


(This is my favorite picture of the whole trip...Kate was my little model just floating around in the pool)


(My little Indiana Jones boy!)


(The girls loved their Uncle Donnie, especially Anna!)


(Trey had a ball on the boogie board)


(Kim, Jan, and Anna)


(What a funny girl!)

Boy did we have a great time soaking up the sun last week. I am happy to be in my own bed and a good chair to nurse the girls in again, but I sure miss seeing those sunsets and gabbing with the girls while I am digging my toes in the sand.

We learned a lot while we were on vacation this time. For example, when you are 30 minutes away from a store, pack: more wipes and diapers than you think you will need for two little girls who's body works pretty good, Benedryl for unexpected food allergies from your 7 month old. (Yes, apparently dairy and Kate don't agree with each other in a major way!!! Very scary and very sad!!!) Don't let your 3 year old see Indiana Jones or he will be swinging from the blind cord singing the song. And last but not least, Never get sunburned the first day of your trip!

We did have a great time with each other. It was exausting being a parent while on vacation but so worth it. Kate is now our little fish. She loved floating around in the pool. Anna did not. She screamed the entire time until Erik or I held her again.

We took a sunset cruise one evening all together and learned a little history of Cape San Blas and other areas. That was really interesting. All the little kids got a chance to drive the boat and they all LOVED it too.

Isabel loved the ocean until her cousin, Bridger, told her he got pinched by a crab. She didn't want to go in too far after that. Gabe loved playing in the sand and swimming in the pool until he almost drowned. Yes, thankfully he was fine but definitely shaken up after that. He stayed away from all water after that (other than water balloons).









Lars and Candi


(Us Girlies...Kim, Me, and Candi...who took this picture?)


(Aiden...this kid is the darkest white child I have ever seen...I wish I could get a tan like that.)


(Bridger was so sweet with the girls. He and Aiden were always helping me take care of them. Thanks guys!!!)


(Toby and Candi)


(Pa)

11 comments:

Carla said...

Oh too fun! I could use a trip to the beach, or anywhere warm enough to swim! You got some great pictures of the girls too!

Leighanna said...

Some great pictures. I love to hear how different Anna and Kate can be! (About the water, I mean!) I'm glad you guys had a good time.

klonghall said...

The boys and I were laughing today as we remembered Gabe singing the Indiana Jones theme music over and over and over and over. I LOVE the picture of Kate. Ooooooh, I miss those cute little girls and their chubby cheeks and soft skin. Isabel looks so happy driving that boat. Great write-up. It was a fun week together.

Dana said...

I love all those pictures. The girls are getting so big. The beach is soooo much fun. WE have really enjoyed being so close to the beach.

Wendy said...

That looks like such a fun vacation! I love the pic of your fam on the boat the funny part is the toy rings hooked to your belt loop!!LOL You are a true mom!

Samantha said...

What great pictures you got on your vacation. We were praying for you. I was hoping that you and the girls were better before you left for your trip.

herb said...

You guys had a great time! I love that photo of the fat little baby foot in the sand. Yes, I called it fat. Hey, we've had 4 little chunky monkeys!

Dawn said...

What fun you guys had! It's great to just be together, and looks like you were only missing a few people. Better luck next year on getting them all there and bring more diapers!! Good to know about the dairy allergy, just start that one out with soy! Great pics!

Brinn said...

Looked like so much fun! What a beautiful place! Is this in Georgia? Loved the pics! I am glad you guys had a great time!

The Peters Family said...

makes me want to plan another trip to the beach. There really is something awesome about the sunsets on the ocean.

The Thomas Family said...

Looked like a blast! I can not believe how big/old the Hall kids have gotton. What cute kiddies.