Wednesday, May 28, 2008

What a day...

It is that time again! The kids have given me something. I woke up at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep. My ear is hurting, my throat is burning, can't swallow, and at times I know I am running a fever.

I went into the doctor and have an ear infection and strep throat. The girls are acting funny too. I am taking them in in the morning. They are clingy and unhappy which is totally NOT them!

To top it all off, Erik is out of town and Isabel and Gabe are feeling fine=lots of noise, and lots of screams from fighting.

Anyone want to play Mommy for me until this medicine kicks in???? Didn't think there would be any takers on that one.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll pray for you if you pray for me. My wife is leaving me home alone with both kids tomorrow. I can handle Gavin but I'm not good with babies. Plus I'm a man alone with kids, do I need to say more?

Samantha said...

Let me know if we can help. I know too well what it is like to be sick with the hubby out of town working. Saying a prayer for you and the girls tonight.

Carla said...

Oh my heck, you poor thing!! I'd totally take your kids if I was there! Strep SUCKS! And so does an ear infection!! And so does having sick twins!!!

klonghall said...

NOOOOOOOOOO! I wish I could be there to help you. Get everyone on that strep medicine pronto. You HAVE to get well and SOON! Donnie has a cold, too. Is this some evil plot to destroy summer fun???

Dana said...

I was wondering what the LOngneckers would think of this wonderful news. Kim you are too funny. That is what I told her. Just get everyone on medicine and you will all be fine at the beach. I would play mommie if I were there. I am so sorry I know how you feel.

klonghall said...

Pediatricians usually take pity on you if you have anyone diagnosed with strep in the family, and you are leaving on a trip. Mine will usually give everyone a prescription, just in case. Abby got a shot for strep when she was almost 2, and we were leaving the SAME DAY to fly to D.C. to visit Candi & Lars. She was better within 24 hours. I loved that shot. I wish they would use the more often. I get the worry of a reaction, but it makes the symptoms get better so much faster.

Wendy said...

If I would have read this sooner I would have come and picked up the kids today!! You should have told me last night to take your kids. If you implied that, obviously I didn't get the point. You know my brain doesn't work like it used to. I'm glad you are felling better.