
(Our friend Dave is in the middle)
Let me first say to all of those brave men and women who go in the military, thank you. Thank you to those men, women, and children who support those spouses while they protect our freedom and our way of life here. I have great respect for those that selflessly do that for people they don't even know. My dad was in the Army reserves, My father-in-law was in the Air Force, my paternal Grandfather was in the Marines, and my maternal grandfather was in the Navy (if I recall correctly). I have often complained about Erik traveling so often for work. But I do try to think about those wives who raise their kids alone for months sometimes even years at a time without their spouse. And worrying if they are alive or not. I couldn't do it! I would never be strong enough! So my hat is off to you wonderful people. I admire you and thank you from the bottom of my heart!
We celebrated the "American" way... baseball, napping, eating, and shopping. We went to Target and supported our economy in buying out the store. I was suprised with the shopping cart when we were checking out. Floats for the girls, swim diapers, regular diapers, floats for the ocean, t-ball set, glove and ball for the bigger kids. I didn't put most of that in the cart. It was all Erik.
We went home, ate lunch, and then went out to teach the kids a little about that "all American" game. Isabel did great!
Isabel had a little trouble understanding that she had to run from 1st base then to 2nd. She wanted to go to whichever base was farther away from the person with the ball.
The girls could have cared less about sports at this stage in life. They were content on playing with "Little People" toys and being held by Mom. Yes, I again didn't get much of a chance to play. But that is ok. I loved watching my Peeps have a good time.
We took cover from the downpour that happened shortly after these pictures were taken. It was a much needed rain. The kids ended up watching tv while Erik, the babies, and I took a nap. After we woke up, we had dinner and Family Home Evening.
It was a wonderful day. We needed it! I always enjoy the days that we can spend together as a family and just enjoy being together. Hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend.
6 comments:
Hey, I went on your page and thought I was back on my page with that pic. It is nice when people(like you) show their appreciation for the military! It really makes me feel special, so thank you! It looks like you had a great day. I would consider that a boring day in my house, but you make it look fun!
It looks like yall had so much fun. The girls really are getting so big.
Just never forget that Erik is also serving this country wearing a uniform, and that you and your children make tremendous sacrifices, too! Not everybody could do what you guys do!
Great post, Allison. I'm glad to see you guys got to buy some new floats... :-)
Grandpa Jantz was in the Army - He used to sing their anthem all the time! That is why I know it.
what a great backyard! Sounds like a great weekend, and for such a great reason. Those girls looks to content together sitting on that blanket, how cute!
Post a Comment