Thursday, May 15, 2008

Another Doctor Visit



We took the girls in for their well baby visit and discovered they were not well at all! Poor little Kate had a double ear infection. Anna has one in her right ear as well. My poor little girls have been so happy and smiley, how was I to know? I have seen Kate tug at her ear a couple of times but just thought it was because she was teething. They haven't been fussy or nasty at all, the sweet dears.

They got three shots a peice and Gabe wasn't too thrilled they had to have them. He kept asking me and Erik why they had to get them. Yes, Erik came with me this time. It was much easier. He held them while they got the shots then passed them to me to nurse and comfort them. It went really good, unlike last time.

So other than ear infections, teething, colds, and shots, they are doing great! Anna is now 16 lbs and 1 oz. Kate is 14.10. Big girls! My back can tell you that!

They are now on the nice pink medicine that smells like candy. They take it well and don't make too big of a mess with it. They really are sweet girls. I could just eat 'em up they are so fun.

6 comments:

The Duke Family said...

So, explain how you covinced your hubby to escort you all to the doctor's office. I don't think Jon even knows the name of our pediatrician. The twins are adorable. Can we get together this summer? I would love to see you.

Teresa Duke

klonghall said...

What is it about your kids and ear infections and trips??? I seem to recall several trips, though, when Erik got an ear infection, too, as a little kid. I wonder if the girls were sick this weekend? They were such happy little ones. Don't feel too bad, though. Aiden had a double ear infection at a "well" visit once, too. Same thing--He hadn't acted sick at all. He's my tough kid with a really high pain tolerance.

Leighanna said...

What troopers!! Wow, what a blessing that they are so good when they aren't, well, good! They are so cute! Adam and Deahl just left our place with their little girl Claire. She is 5mos and reminded me a lot of the twins. Love you guys!

herb said...

Do your best to keep an eye on them getting more ear infections. Our twins had them several times, come to find out they needed tubes in their ears, which also helped them with their speech development!

Wendy said...

Look at those chubby arms. They look like good healthy babies. That is amazing that they weren't fussy with ear infections. Maby you will notice a difference in their sleeping after the medicine kicks in.

Bond Bedlam said...

Well don't feel bad Marie had an ear infection - and I didn't know it until her ear drum busted!