Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Our Little Kate

Since we have so many of our distant family joining the blogging world, I thought this would be a good way to get to know our family. I have looked at Erik's cousins blogs. Their kids have grown so much and I have no clue who is who anymore.

I will start off with our little runt of the family, Kate. I never thought I would have had such a small baby. She weighed in at all of four pounds and twelve ounces. Boy she was so easy hold! Now almost five months old she is a wiggle worm. She doesn't want to sit still. And she HAS to be standing! She isn't content with just sitting on someone's lap. She will arch her back until you stand her up.



Her personality is fun. She takes everything in and seems to evaluate it. I can just see her wheels turning in that cute little head of her's. She is a smart one, if I am able to brag here (yes, I can. It's my blog and my child huh?!?)

Kate has become a great sleeper (hopefully I am not jinxing myself here!). She found her thumb. What a blessing that little thing is!



She is so very loud. Our pint size beauty thinks she has to keep up with everyone else. She discovered her voice and loves talking. She has a beautiful smile. Anytime someone talks to her she smiles and laughs, although not for the camera usually.

I am so thankful for Kate. I never thought about having twins like a lot of people tell me they do. After the shock wore off of two growing inside of me, I wondered why Heavenly Father would do this to me. I was not efficent enough with one baby why would He have me do it with two. But since both Kate and Anna are here, I couldn't imagine them being seperated. They both belong in our family and together. Kate has brought so much joy into our family. I am grateful He did send them to us.

5 comments:

klonghall said...

She sounds like she fits right into our Longnecker bunch. This is going to be fun hearing about each of your kids. It makes me miss them more, though.

Leighanna said...

Good idea Allison!! (Although, since I have only one child, my blog is entirely about him!!!) LOL! These little ladies get more beautiful all the time!!! They are sure growing fast. Miss you guys...

Carla said...

Pic1: Too CUTE! I love the expression on her face, though can't place it. Maybe it's a "huh? Me? Oh, I'm just chilin'"
Pic2: Mom, you look SO beautiful at the beach! Oh, I guess the hair is doing something wierd, but still. You're gorgeous! And Kate (maybe both of them, still can't tell) look just like Gabe.

The Checks Mix said...

What a cutie! I love the first picture! What a pose! I am glad you are not just surviving but enjoying having twins! You are one tough mama!

Bond Bedlam said...

Oh yeah she gotta stand every minute - She wanted to touch the sand on the beach - so her little toes are feeling the sand. What a girl - she is beautiful.