We celebrated Easter by doing all the Easter egg hunts, and also painting eggs like most of you did. We had some of our good friends come into town for the weekend. It was great seeing them. (Ali, all that time with the camera in my hands, we didn't get a picture together...rats!)
We did a fun time on a Easter Treasure Hunt that sent the kids all around the house with clues to find a big treat at the end. The kids loved it and it was so fun seeing their faces. I am thankful for the Easter season and the reason why we celebrate it. I am grateful to have an older brother, our Savior, who suffered for me so that I can make things right again.
Erik went out of town for work and Isabel had Spring Break so we hit the road with the van slap full of suitcases, pillows, handfull of DVDs, baby stuff, and kids. We arrived in Mississippi in good time to my sister's house. My mom was on her Spring Break too so she came too.
We had a great time. My sister's house is always busy and exciting. My kids love being there and playing with their cousins. We got to meet our newest memeber of the family, Little Miss Eliza. She is a doll!
Too bad I didn't get enough time to hold her. Dealing with my four, fighting younger ones to hold her, and her wanting her Mama, I couldn't find many times to snatch her. But she is a beauty. I can't wait for her to show her big personality the older she gets.
One of the best days was when we went to the beach. We didn't swim but played in the sand and a little in the water. It was so entertainning to watch the kids play. Even little Kate loved it out there. She felt the sand for the first time. She loved it. Anna was snoozing the whole time. She didn't realize we even left the house.
Tom also was on a business trip and planned it around mine and Mom's visit so Dana wouldn't be alone. Once he got back, he and their Bishop blessed Eliza. It was a sweet blessing. I was thankful they planned that around Mom's and my visit. Thank you guys!
Most of the week we stuck around the house and nursed babies, broke up fights, laughed, and ate. What more could you want?! I had a great time. Dana and Mom, thanks for such a great week.
The trip back was a long one having to stop more to nurse the girls. We were able to stop in Montgomery to see my brother and sister in law. They are always fun to see. Too bad we couldn't stay longer. Next time though, we will.
I am a bit depressed about being home, although I do love my bed and being with Erik again. Now back to the daily grind.
7 comments:
You made that trip with four kids all by yourself!?!?! Holy Batman, you are one tough cookie! Sounds like you had a great trip and fun time with family.
Coming home is always a mixture of emotions for me, too. On one hand I'm sad the trip is over, on another I sure am glad to get to sleep in my own bed again!
PS: Seems like some of your photos didn't upload.
Did the time at the beach get you more excited for our trip this summer? Have you put the beach countdown on your computer? Dad told me last night that he thinks you are looking forward to the trip more than anybody. :-) The 3 middle pix on this post won't show up. I'll check back later to see if it's fixed. Love you!
Jan may be right Kim, I am thrilled to be at the beach. I am not sure how the girls will do though. I can't wait to be under that canopy, toes in the sand, and working on my tan. Isabel and Gabe keep asking when we can go too. I can almost hear the waves as I sit here typing this...ahhhhh!!!
I love the pictures. What fun - I wish we could have had more time. It was a dream holding all my new grand-babies - but I did have to battle others to get my hands on Eliza. We have to do this again. Allison I am so...pleased that you came and took a chance travelling with 2 nursing babies. I hope you think that it was worth it. I miss all of you!
I am impressed. I remember trying to travel four hours to Kentucky when Lilly was that age and nursing every few hours. Long trips in the car are still difficult, so hats off to you.
I love the picture of the three baby carriers on the beach. Too cute!
Hey guys, Dawn got me started on blogging and I've actually put some stuff on ours after a slow start. I love being able to see David's cousins since you're all so far away. This is a fun way to keep in touch with everyone though. Check out our blog davidandalaynadespain.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment