Friday, March 14, 2008

Even when you pay attention...


(Scrawny little things! Just 18 days old here - Kate then Anna)

Even when you pay attention, kids get bigger way too fast. Gabe and I took the girls to the doctor for shots on Thursday. Boy that was an adventure.

I am pleased that for the most part, we still do our normal things as if it was only one baby. We go out shopping, we go to the grocery store, we go play at the park. But it is VERY difficult to take two babies to get shots!


(Don't you just love chunky cheeks? On a baby that is, not the Mama ;) )

My heart broke when I looked into Kate's poor little eyes. She looked at me like, "Mama, why did you let her hurt me?" I hate doing it. I always have. I think it is a cruel thing for a mother to have to do. As I was comforting her, the nurse moved over to Anna. Oh! A knife right in the heart! So I had two sweet little girls in utter shock and pain. Try nursing two of them, at the same time, with a crappy fold out chair to sit on...near impossible! I put them back on the table and tried nursing them both that way. That didn't work either. They needed love and affection and I just wasn't cutting it for them. Poor little things!


(Kate, her cut is looking better than it was!)

But I am glad to report they are both getting big (as if you couldn't tell from the pictures). Anna was 5.9 at birth; she is now 13.6. Kate was 4.12 and is now 12.9. No wonder my back is always hurting.

That evening was a rough one. They were running fevers and just plain miserable. Erik was gone to the hockey game and I had the missionaries and Janice over for dinner. What a dear sweet friend she is! She helped me hold the girls and kept me laughing. My kids love her and so we had a great evening together. It would have been very rough without her here.


(Anna)

Both girls are doing better today I am happy to say. My sweet laughing, smiling, big girls are back to normal. Boy, I sure am thankful for them to be in our family. We wouldn't be near as happy if they weren't here with us. Four months have flown by, but I can't remember what our family was like before they joined us.



By the way, I am making Erik go with me next time!!!!!!!!!!!)

6 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

They are so adorable - how did Kate get cut?

klonghall said...

I do not envy you on the trip to the Dr. I'm glad they are doing better. They are getting to be little "chunky monkeys"!

herb said...

Yup, those shots are no fun, whether it's just one or two. Glad we're past that (for the most part).

Lauren said...

Ah, yes, Erik needs to go with you. I'm sure you know it won't get any easier.

Congrats on nursing both of them... a lot of people with twins don't bother trying!!!! Can I call you for nursing tips when this little one comes if we have struggles? ;-)

Lauren

Heather said...

Best looking kids EVER! I love those big toothless smiles...I wish I could just reach into the computer and plant big fat kisses on their cheeks!

diegohall said...

Allison, I love your blog! The photos are great and I can't believe the twins are getting so big! They've unblocked Blogspot at work so now I can read folks' blogs when I'm bored. :)

Donnie