Between Erik's youth activities, free hockey tickets he won (wish I could go with him), and a scout camp out, kids doctor appointments, feeding missionaries, Relief Society stuff, planning a talk (which will be bad because I can't seem to find the time to prepare it at all!)... it truly does go on.
Also, I think our house is "hurt" prone. We had a family over for dinner last night and their little girl ran right into the glass door. Thankfully, it didn't break on her but it didn't feel good I am sure. Gabe also got scraped up pretty bad on the trampoline. Erik has his broken rib. Kate's nose is badly cut (I wasn't happy about that one, and it bled like a stuck pig, poor little thing!).
(I wish I could do this right now!)
Now I am up at 5:02 am typing this because I can't sleep due to the fact that I feel like I am going to pee in the bed. Yep, a bladder infection...YIPEE! Do I have time to go to the doctor, heck no. Can some one please go for me?
As I was praying, I asked Heavenly Father to help me get through these next few weeks with my sanity and to help me not take this overload out on my kids or Erik. There is nothing worse than a crabby Mama.
We will make it through. We always do. I will just eat the elephant one bite at a time. Let's hope I don't get a tummy ache in the processes... he he he...oh man I need some sleep! Until next time....
{side note, I had to add pictures. I can't stand blogs with no pictures...very boring in my point of view}
8 comments:
Hey Allison,
sorry things are so crazy right now. We would love to have Gabe over for a play date! Just let me know, I would love to help out!
Allison- I feel you and I only have one little person to run after. Sorry you are overwhelmed. You know, my mom says sometimes you just have to say "no" when asked to do things. And I agree... you need to make sure you take care of yourself first and not feel bad about it! Hope everything calms down and gets easier. The pics are sooo cute!
I love to have days with "field trips" and fun. I also love a good pj day where we just hang out here and don't get dressed at all. Too many of either extreme can make me crazy. My week has been busy. I have what has become my "Thursday Night Headache." The week just catches up with me by Thursday. I'm super tired. But, not as tired as a mama with twins. Hang in there. Find something to do just for you this weekend! (Even if it's just getting Erik to drive the kids around in the van for an hour so that you can have a quiet house to yourself!)
OH, and I have been really slack with pictures on my blog since I got this new computer. I haven't uploaded any new pix here, yet. Sorry. I'm sure I'll get some for Easter, anyway. Oh, and soccer games on Saturday. I took a lot more pix when I had a baby in the house.
Your posts always make me smile, because you always seem so joyful... even during the chaos and stress. You will be remembered in our prayers.
P.S. I almost fell out of the chair laughing when you asked if someone could go to the doctor for you! Been there; done that. It is such a mom thing.
His Blessings!
Once again I really can't imagine having twins. I don't know how you do it? One baby has me sleep deprived and exhausted from holding him all day. I don't know how I would do two at the same time.
That Doctor thing, I can soo relate to. I hate going to the Doctors nor do I ever have time to. That is annoying. You know one of the possible reasons for getting a UTI is from not getting enough to drink. Now that's a sign of a busy lady. You don't even have time to get drinks of water. Honestly some days I have to remind myself to drink water. You poor lady. :(
You don't get paid enough to put up with all of that! Tell your boss if he doesn't get you any help real soon you gonna have to go looking for a new job! I know Elizabeth has a job opening!
J/K, hang in there and like someone said before: It's ok to say "No!"
I LOVE the pictures too - I also enjoy your blog because of the pictures - but then I love pictures. - Hang in - there are good days and bad days - I was telling someone about raising 5 kids and how it was the best time of my life. Now I can't ever remember the bad days and I KNOW I had them but somehow that all doesn't matter now. Love Mom
Post a Comment