Monday, March 10, 2008

Another Broken Bone

Gabe was two when he broke his foot, just a few days before we went to Disney World mind you. Erik has broken a rib in the past. Now he has another broken rib. Erik was playing dodge ball on Tuesday night with the Young Men in our branch. The crazy man slid to avoid being hit and slid right into a table. He went to the doctor today to make sure it wasn't poking a lung or anything. He got loaded up with some Loratab and a Steroid Patch (we aren't sure why that would help with a broken bone though). The doctor said he will have a bunch of energy in a few days from all of the drugs.



So I guess we are on a roll with the broken bones in our little zoo. I do feel bad for him. Every time he turns a certain way or picks up the kids his face grimaces from the pain. Poor man! The bad thing is, he still got hit with the ball.

6 comments:

herb said...

Alyson, you are turning into quite the fun-to-read blogger! I love the story with that little twist at the end!

What's he gonna do with all that extra energy, I wonder?!?

Anonymous said...

The same year Erik broke his first rib, in a softball game, I tore my rotator cuff in a game. I have yet to have it fixed. It hurts to pick up my son now because he's so heavy.

Tell Erik to get well soon.

klonghall said...

OUCH! Sometimes, when Donnie goes to play anything with the boys or men at church, I have to remind him that he's not 15 anymore. "Please, don't try to do anything crazy!" I guess Erik needs the same advice.

Get well soon! 'Hope the rib heals quickly.

Bond Bedlam said...

Poor Erik - hope he heals well - hey who is that picture of?

The Thomas Family said...

Poor guy. Dodge ball is quite the dangerous sport.

Aimee said...

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! Poor Erik! Being in the medical field, I know that is one of the most painful injuries you can have! By the waym the steroid will help with inflammation. I had steroids when I broke my ankle (just one shot),talk about energy, I didn't sleep one minute the whole first night. It took about 5 days for it to get out of my system and get back to sleeping right. Hope he feels better soon!