Friday, April 4, 2008

Mi Bella (my beauty in Italian)



Isabel made her way into our hearts the moment we found out I was pregnant with her. She was supposed to be a boy and even when I saw the ultrasound pictures, I knew they must have made a mistake...Longneckers have boys. She came out with the dark, dark head full of hair. Oh what a beauty!



Isabel has always been a fun girl. She has a great imagination that I love to watch. She is such a good big sister too. I can count on her to help me with the girls when I need her. She loves to make them laugh.

She gets frusterated easily when she can't do something within a few minutes, ie. riding her bike without training wheels. She gave up within five minutes when she couldn't get it. She didn't even get hurt. What can ya do?



Isabel loves being on the go. She would often ask, "Mama, where are we going today?". Her favorite times are with extended family. She loves going to the Beach and cabin. She can remember each time we have gone (which is amazing that she can, She will remind me of things that happened years ago). And having both my family and Erik's family visit her and she visit them.

She is a great reader. She loves school and learning new things. She loves to draw. Some of her best drawings have been of us as a family. She is very smart. I love to hear the things she learns when she comes home from school. Although, many times she will tell me I am wrong and try to correct me. Ahhh! I have to remind her that she is only five and I am 27!



Isabel has been a great blessing to our family. I am glad she came first. She is a wonderful girl!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I think a comment might have been saved before I completed it... oops!

Your kids are beautiful!

We'll definitely have to meet in person... maybe Hannah and I can drive down to Smyrna and meet up with you and the kids and Samantha and Lilly Kate for a play date. And your cookout idea sounds good. :)

herb said...

I didn't know you growing up, but from the looks, she totally comes after you. WOuld be fun to hear from your Mom if she reminds her of you.

klonghall said...

Oh how we all love our sweet Bella, Bella! I'm glad she loves our extended family adventures as much as I do. Those are my best memories over the past 4 or 5 years, too. Why is it that with each of these posts, I'm more and more antsy to get to the beach??? I loved watching Isabel and Aiden play together as they grew up. They were such good friends. I love the picture we took of them on Bridger's baptism day. I'll have to post that sometime. It was one of the best days.

Dana said...

She is a sweet little girl. Its nice hearing about each one of the kids even though I feel like I know them in my own certain way. Its also very fun watching in pictures how much each kid has changed. I remember that picture of Isabel and brand new Gabe. I was there for that I think. How beautiful she is.

Bond Bedlam said...

My Bella! What a choice spirit - she is smart, happy, and caring - my what a blessed family we are to have her. Yes she looks just like Allison, however, she is her own little spirit - I do see some similarties though - like being very determined and takes the intiative to do what she sets her mind to do. (Sure wish this had spell check) Bella my Bella I love you - and I miss you - Mutta

Elizabeth said...

Allison, I really enjoyed reading about each one of your children. I can tell how much you know and love them. I wish I could see how your day goes, I'm sure it can get crazy. I loved what Elder Ballard said on Sunday about stay at home moms and motherhood, "Joy comes in moments." I can tell you have lots of moments.