Thursday, February 28, 2008

Was it Worth it?



(Does this look like a guilty face?)


Yesterday I HAD to take a nap. Yes, in a perfect world I would take a nap everyday since I am a mother of four. But since I am a mother of four, that does not happen. The night before was a late one and I was on empty. Erik was working from home and Isabel was home from school again for a snow day. I got Anna and Kate down for a nap, turned on a video for Isabel and Gabe, threatening them with their lives to stay upstairs in the play room, watch the movie, and let their Daddy work. I took off for my bed.

As a side note, every time I lay down in my comfy bed, I giggle a little bit. It is the most comfortable place ever created! I also thank Heavenly Father as I giggle for this perfect spot for me!

So back to my bliss in bed...Erik comes into our room after a few hours (I was waking up on my own), yes two hours people...HEAVEN!!!! He says, "You have got to come and see this." I am sure I didn't want to see what he was going to show me. It couldn't be good. This is what I found.







(was he trying to make a fried egg in the sandwich maker?)




So the question is, Was it Worth it? 100% yes. I will sacrifice two eggs, a few dish rags to wash, and some Pepsi anyday for that blissful nap I took!

7 comments:

Dana said...

Girl I would agree that that is a small price to pay for a blessed nap. What did you do to punish him?

Elizabeth said...

I'm jealous, although I am sure at this stage you need it more than I do. YES!! I would be worth it, I agree!

herb said...

I don't blame you. How much further are you willing to go for an afternoon nap?

Leighanna said...

That is funny!!! Glad you got your nap! :o)

Bond Bedlam said...

Yeah - I'd say it was worth it. Did you asked him what he was trying to do?

klonghall said...

He was being resourceful, and, even more importantly, he didn't wake you up doing it! That might be worth some kind of reward!
:-) He'll grow up to be a great cook(and LOVE Pepsi!), just like his Daddy.

Kudos on getting a nap!

The Thomas Family said...

Sounds familiar. (other then the two hour nap thing, I wish) Our little Spence likes to get into the refridgerator and sneek little licks and bites of what ever he can get his fingers on. Are we starving our kids or something?! I call our kids little scavengers when they do things like that.
Too bad our little guys live so far away from eachother I think they would be like two peas in a pod. :)