Monday, February 18, 2008

For Erik's Birthday




For Erik's birthday we traveled to Huntsville, Alabama to the Space Center. My father-in-law met us there. I had never been there before. It was so worth the drive. We had a great time.






Isabel especially loved the rock climbing wall. And she was good at it too. She is usually timid about new things, especially about hights. She climbed up that wall like a pro though. She didn't want to leave.





We had a great day together. I was glad Pa made the trip too. We left in time to get home for a late dinner and birthday cake. Happy Birthday Erik.



6 comments:

The Thomas Family said...

Wow! At first I thought you were going to say Eric got a space suite for his birthday. I knew he worked for the goverment, but wow!
Okay I'm weird.
Looked like a lot of fun. YOur kids are darling. I must say again Alison you look great. Sooo skinny. Can you beleive you are a mother of four?! You definitely don't look like it.

Dana said...

That looked like so much fun. Maybe we can go and do that this summer. That would totally be fun!!! Did you try the rock climbing wall? Cause that looks like a lot of fun too. Wish I could have been there. And guess what I did? I realized we didn't call on his birthday. We were going to but I realized with his day off and Isabel's you all were probably still asleep and then it spaced my mind. Happy Birthday Erik!!!

herb said...

Where were the babies?

PS: 2nd pic, astronauts are really that short?

The Longnecker Zoo said...

Herb,We had the babies with us, but for the most part were sleeping soundly in the stroller. I did have pictures with the stroller in it but you couldn't see them anyway.
The next time we go I am sure they will be running around like nuts with Isabel and Gabe too :0)

klonghall said...

What a fun day! My boys love rock climbing walls, too. At Stone Mountain, they have this obstacle course and climbing wall set up. The boys can get up and down so fast. Good pix, too. Dad looks right in his element there.

Anonymous said...

Since when did Erik become a Vanderbilt fan? Boo!