Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckely and Me


My Aunt sent me this video clip that CNN did on President Hinckley. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw me and my mom singing towards the end of the clip. I couldn't believe it!!! It was taken when President Hinckley came to Atlanta back when I was in 11th grade. That was a while ago. I remember when he walked into the room, the entire room felt electric! I knew then and there that he really was Heavenly Father's appointed man. He really was a prophet of God. I will miss his words of wisdom and quick humor. But I am so excited for him and his sweet wife to be together again.


www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/01/28/gordon.hinckley.obit.cnn?iref=videosearch

4 comments:

herb said...

Isn't it amazing how we all have our own fond memories of President Hinckley? I remember him coming to visit our mission, he shook my hand and inquired about my cast and being on crutches. I'll definitely miss him!

Dana said...

I think that we all will miss that sweet man. I have been amazed at how much he has affected people within the church as well as the media. What an awesome man.

Dawn said...

wow, that's really neat. I never had the urge to go to conference to hear him in person, but now it's too late. Regrets...

Bond Bedlam said...

What a memory