While we were there we blessed our two little bundles of joy. My little sister also had her little baby boy, Everette, blessed at the same time. It was a great night. We had all three sides of the family there (the Longneckers, Bonds, and Tisdales). It was spiritual also.
So now we are back home and I am soooo thankful. It was great visiting but I tell you what, with two newborns, traveling can be a bit hairy at times. Erik left Christmas night and I was on my own until New Year's even. My family was great and extremely helpful, but no matter what dealing with all four children was on my head. So needless to say, I am glad to be back with Erik so that he can share my load!
I hope you all had a wonderful New Year. I usually stay up with Erik to watch the ball drop in New York. We flip stations to see what great performers are doing their thing on each channel. But this year, I said good night to Erik at 10:30 pm and caught some zzzzzzz's. I was visiting "Mr. Sandman" instead of kissing my man when it turned 2008. What can I say, two newborns!
7 comments:
Once Christmas is over, Winter turns into this dark and dreary time of the year, doesn't it? Nothing to look forward to, but spring a few months away. I really don't like this time of the year.
I bet you enjoyed your time around family, but it's nice to come back home and sleep in your own bed, too, isn't it?
Did you read my comment back about our logo? Is the b/w photo of Isabel and Gabe new? I like!
Girl I don't even have one newborn right now and 2008 came and went with me just waking up a tad bit to hear fireworks at 12:30. We use to stay up but we have become 2 old fuddy duds. And I totally agree with your friend. After Christmas is such a depressing time. You have left your family and have nothing fun to look forward to but basic hybernation. So sad.
I must admit I'm kinda glad to say good-bye to all my Christmas decorations when the time comes. I enjoy getting my house back to normal...which it still isn't! Pretty close, though. I want to give you a call to say hi. I know you're SUPER busy and I don't want to bother you. When do the twins usually nap?
I'm so glad we got to spend time with you guys over the holiday. The kids had so much fun together. I am also glad to get back to our normal routine around here. The kids went back to school on Thursday. I've been a much happier mama. I needed my own space back! :-) Love you guys!
Well, for me I am always sad to see Christmas go - I LOVE the decorations - lights on the house and the music, food and family. I am sad have to go back to a regular routine. And I do feel like Dana that it seems to me everyone is just a bit kinder and remembering Christ. January and Feburary and difficult months for me. I am so blessed to have a wonderful family. Love Mom
Good to see you had a great holiday and that you got to see lots of family. Those little girls are getting so big! And speaking of twins, I have 2 friend that just found out they are expecting twins! I think all those little spirits are in a hurry to get here:) Good for you, carching some zzz's! I give tom a hard time when he complains and I just tell him I need my sleep to be a happy functional mom. Now, we can't wait for school to start tomorrow! I need my space and a moment to get the decorations put away! Happy New Year!
Allison, I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. We had a guest for 2 weeks, which was nice, but it was nice to get back to our normal routine. It sounds like you're doing great, although I'm sure you're exhausted.
Elizabeth
Post a Comment