Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A Fun Evening Out


Isabel and I had a great night together last night. We had to go to another town to get a DVD player installed in our van and Erik offered to watch the three younger kids. Isabel and I hopped in the car and took off. We dropped the car off and then went window shopping on foot. It was so nice. Isabel and I have limited time to spend together since she is in school and what time we do have when everyone is together is not always fun or positive. But we had an evening together with no need to rush. We had no car, we were stuck for three hours to enjoy each other, and ALONE. We went to Hallmark and looked at all the fun ornaments. They had a little "kid" area where Isabel put on a puppet show for me, she has a good imagination!
We went to the bookstore and read book after book. She even read one to me. We had dinner at a little sandwich shop there also. I was ready to get back to my nursing babies but also a little sad for our night to come to an end. It was a much needed break with each other that we both loved. We need to do this more often so she knows she is still "my girl" too.

Thank you Erik for giving us time to bond again. You are a good man!

2 comments:

Bond Bedlam said...

I am so.... glad you two had that time together - Isabel is delightful but the olders ones sometimes get shuffled aside with new babies. I love you both. Mom

herb said...

I used to be much better at scheduling Daddy Daughter time with Sophie, but as you said, it is just so difficult to find the time when we both are available. When you do find the time it is so well worth it.

Isabel is just so darn cute!