
I love this time of year. It is a time to refect on how you are living your life. People on a whole are much nicer to each other. Families get together and eat good food and enjoy each other's company. We talk about our older brother who sacrificed his life for us. The lights, the sounds, the weather, and yes even the presents are great.

I have always wanted to go to Salt Lake City and see all the beautiful Christmas decorations at Temple Square. Seeing pictures just makes me giddy with excitement. One day it will happen- maybe when I am old and gray...and that is ok.

This Christmas season has been a bit different than normal for us. We still don't have our tree up and it does make me sad. I feel like I am also taking away from Isabel and Gabe's fun by not having it up. Having Anna and Kate has made us put our time toward them instead of decorating the house. They are worth it, but it does make me sad and also loose a little bit of the "MAGIC" of this time of year. I just can't wait to go to Mom's and see all the beautiful decorations she has up. It will make up for our lack here. I can't wait to see Kate and Anna's reaction to all the pretty lights.
4 comments:
You better not be old and gray before you come visit!
Girl, I have been there during Christmas time when all the lights are out and everything on temple square is decorated. You can't even imagine what the spirit is like at that time. It is a very special thing. Pictures in books and stuff don't capture the feel of the spirit. Yes I do hope you get the chance too because it is just a wonderful experience
I want to to with you when you go to see the lights! I haven't seen them since 1992, the Christmas before I graduated from BYU. I miss them every year. Let's plan a girls weekend one of these years. That can be our husband's Christmas present to each of us! Wouldn't that be so fun!?!?
Every year I wish that I could see the lights on Temple square. In pictures they look beautiful. Mom
Post a Comment